Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Re: 1/2 bellagio hand with vanessa russo

[ QUOTE ]
She goes on talking about how she wished this was no-limit

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing I enjoy more than hearing this kind of statement from a donkey at a limit table.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:05 PM

her river line is pretty optimal
Old 12-22-2006, 04:00 PM

Schnieds, what about a turn 7 makes you more likely to raise then then turn 4? failing to see why...
Old 12-22-2006, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Schnieds, what about a turn 7 makes you more likely to raise then then turn 4? failing to see why...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gutshot. Against most opponents I can fold if it's a 7 turn and they 3 bet since I'm probably losing and with 2 outs. If it's a 4 and they 3-bet now it's a big pot and I probably have 6 outs so I'm stuck calling. I like raising on turns either when I'm probably winning but have almost no outs when behind (ie making it not too difficult to fold if 3-bet), or, if I'm probably winning but have a boatload of outs (10+) when in fact I'm behind (meaning if I get 3-bet, I'm not losing that much EV by having to put in more bets than I would've liked, to see a river). The 4-8 out-range is just the type of area where when you get 3-bet, it's mathematically right to call the 3-bet (including implied odds) but it really really sucks that you had to put in 3 bets to see a river that could've been seen for 1.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy to fold our hand if we get 3-bet. The 4 on the turn gives us a gutshot, so if we raise and get 3-bet we'd be compelled to call.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ive played a bit with vanessa and all she does is complain. shes also awful. hand is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the following quotes from our girl Vanessa...made me chuckle.

"If you ask most of the players I play with, they will tell you that I am very friendly and fun at the table."

"I do want to play cash games as well as tournaments. For a long time I thought playing cash games was a losing proposition. Now that I've talked to some high-stakes limit players, I see there is the potential for earnings"

"I would say in the next year or so, I plan on getting involved in those games. I keep good records of my play, so if I see that it's not profitable, I'll walk away very quickly"

no more bellagio 1/2 for our girl?
Old 12-29-2006, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gutshot. Against most opponents I can fold if it's a 7 turn and they 3 bet since I'm probably losing and with 2 outs. If it's a 4 and they 3-bet now it's a big pot and I probably have 6 outs so I'm stuck calling. I like raising on turns either when I'm probably winning but have almost no outs when behind (ie making it not too difficult to fold if 3-bet), or, if I'm probably winning but have a boatload of outs (10+) when in fact I'm behind (meaning if I get 3-bet, I'm not losing that much EV by having to put in more bets than I would've liked, to see a river). The 4-8 out-range is just the type of area where when you get 3-bet, it's mathematically right to call the 3-bet (including implied odds) but it really really sucks that you had to put in 3 bets to see a river that could've been seen for 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is an important concept - raising here would be pretty terrible in the hyperaggressive online 1/2+ games. you still have to call the 3-bet and fold the river but having to fold the river kinda sucks cuz the dude could be on some combo flush/straight draw or flush draw + pair and getting yourself played out of big pots just sucks a lot.

but given how passive live 1/2 is, it's definitely a lot less bad. getting 3-bet sucks and you have to call, but when you fold the river you know you're behind. and getting that raise in against crappy one pair hands or ace high or whatever is great. it's particularly awesome against an ace when you hit the gutshot on the river.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:24 PM

Bellagio has 1/2 limit??? 100/200 I am assuming?

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2006, 06:53 PM

During the series I beat her in a 10/25 PLO game at the Rio when i called the flop bet with some stupid gutter flush draw plus 1 pair, turned double gut with bad flush draw and nut flush draw to which I raised her pot. She called and river blanked but gave me a Top and Bottom pair which is terrible in omaha. We check check and I win. She tells me how terrible I am yadda yadda yadda I suck etc. To which I say "How good of a hand could you have had that you lose to top and bottom pair? You really do prove that girls get handed sponsorships like candy" She loses her mind on me again then leaves in a huff.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:50 AM

Rip on VR all you want -- she played this hand fine too (as did OP), except for her preflop defense.