Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2006, 01:18 PM

Default BB KQ 2nd pair v stealer 40%

Villian is 26/20 steals 40%

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

What do you think so far?
Old 12-09-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Re: BB KQ 2nd pair v stealer 40%

i think its a spew, id prolly 3 bet preflop but as played flop cr is fine id just call the 3bet and see what pans out hoping he freecards. Id be tempted to call the turn bet, fold the river UI but folding the turn UI mite be right. with the Q of clubs Id like this line quite a bit more, but with or without it i think theres little merit to it oop.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to like it.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:50 PM

terrible

ur hand is not strong
Old 12-09-2006, 02:38 PM

I think the stealing percentages is irrelevant when it comes to his postflop play in this hand.It is also irrelevant preflop for you because you're defending against everyone with KQ.
Why I'm saying this is because I assume you're making your post-flop play partly because he often has a bad starting hand. If the steal% percentage is important in this hand it is because you need to threebet him preflop if he is the kind of stealer that know how to handle freecards postflop.

I'm not the man to say your right or wrong making this play. But you're putting a lot of money in hoping that he is going for a freecard or that he has a worse made hand.
But I'm kind of admiring you for showing guts.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:52 PM

I'm no fan of this play. If he doesn't have an ace, he's probably folding to the flop raise (at least I would). So much for making money. If you raise and he's got the ace or better, you are toast and will have to call a 3bet. Here, you decided to cap it, which is the definition of spew. What do you think he's doing, bet/3betting TT on an AKx flop?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
terrible

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-09-2006, 03:45 PM

I'm pretty sure that one of the reasons stealing 40% is so profitable is because it induces your opponents to play like the OP and give you ridic. action.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that one of the reasons stealing 40% is so profitable is because it induces your opponents to play like the OP and give you ridic. action.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol true dat.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 26/20 steals 40%

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awful. Preflop is close between calling and 3betting and I can think either style is okay here.

The flop is an absolute disgrace. More than 1 SB going in on that flop is a significant error. This is a classic situation where if you raise and are called or 3bet, your equity is very low. You want to play this hand passively, to minimize the amount you lose when behind (and his stealing range includes a lot of Ax hands, so you're beat a fair amount of the time here) and to encourage him to bluff when you are ahead.

You would then check/call this turn with still some chance of having the best hand and a fair number of outs when behind.

You would conclude this hand by playing poker on the river. Assuming you don't improve, the two best options are check/call and check/fold. Against an unknown, I will usually check/call the first time. If I have a read that the player is solid and doesn't bluff much (or "value bet" weak hands relative to this board like KJ), I would feel fine with check/folding the river.