Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 12:45 PM

Default 99s 2 hands

Hand 1
Villian 44/5, not aggressive ost flop

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ?????

Hand 2
No reads

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ?????
Old 12-06-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Re: 99s 2 hands

Hand 1: hmmm not aggressive post flop, he's raising on the big street after you have been leading the whole way, there two overpairs and 3flush on the board. I hate spots like these. Sure we're getting 6-1 to draw to our 9-flush, but how often is that good? If villain has low diamonds that takes another two out of the deck, if villain has a high diamond we're toast, if villain doesn't have any diamonds (not likely given his description as passive but maybe) we still have to snag one (or a 9) to win. I think you can discount at least a 1/3 of your flush outs here and maybe one of your set outs making this a neg. EV call. fold.

Hand 2
(These would be easier with reads)

Against a passive player you can go ahead and muck, 2 pair and a straight are all very reasonable holdings and the pot isn't huge or anything. against a tricky player raise, fold to 3 bet, and check behind. as played fold river, what is possibly betting that you are still ahead of?
Old 12-06-2006, 01:45 PM

Hand 1 - I fold, this guy is unaggressive so he either has us beat now or has a ton of outs on the river and you don't know which is which. Seems best to just let it go, pot isn't big enough for a call down.

Hand 2 - I would raise the turn and fold to a 3bet. He probably has a 7 but he might just be trying to scare you and throw his hand away to a raise. If he calls and bets river again I would fold.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:16 PM

fold hand 1. hand 2 i'd like a read but a free showdown raise can be good against a lot of players - tricky players know you dont have a straight though so that's a problem.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 - I fold, this guy is unaggressive so he either has us beat now or has a ton of outs on the river and you don't know which is which. Seems best to just let it go, pot isn't big enough for a call down.

Hand 2 - I would raise the turn and fold to a 3bet. He probably has a 7 but he might just be trying to scare you and throw his hand away to a raise. If he calls and bets river again I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was thinking
Old 12-06-2006, 02:36 PM

Hand 1
fold the turn. this seems like as borderline as a bet/fold can get, though, because your odds are close.

Hand 2
i need a read to know how to play this. against an unknown, i'd probably plan on calling down but fold on this particularly dangerous river.

bbbushu
Old 12-06-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:...I think you can discount at least a 1/3 of your flush outs here and maybe one of your set outs making this a neg. EV call. fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this out counting. What's interesting here is that with these seven outs, hero acutally has enough direct odds to call 6-1. The reason it's a fold, though, is because of hero's crappy OOP reverse-implied odds.

-Andrew
Old 12-06-2006, 04:19 PM

In hand 2, the fact that BB bets into an A that hits alot of your possible holdings and completes the flush draw says something.. fold the river.