Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 01:38 AM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG: WCOOP ME champion is play2kill (Multi-Accounting)

Eagles,

First, that graphic you posted at the end makes you a huge douchebag. Multiaccounting IS serious business, and that fact you don't think it is, um, wow.

Second, there is a HUGE difference between ZJ and JJ that you are not acknowledging. You logic applies to ZJ, but does not to JJ. This is why people on the "forgiveness" bandwagon for ZJ make sense, and people on the "JJ rules" bandwagon are utter douchebags.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eagles,

First, that graphic you posted at the end makes you a huge douchebag. Multiaccounting IS serious business, and that fact you don't think it is, um, wow.

Second, there is a HUGE difference between ZJ and JJ that you are not acknowledging. You logic applies to ZJ, but does not to JJ. This is why people on the "forgiveness" bandwagon for ZJ make sense, and people on the "JJ rules" bandwagon are utter douchebags.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sry i don't keep up on my internet gossip to know the difference between which multi-accounters are okay to support.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 AM

Eagles,

Your statements are okay under the assumption that JJ has stopped his unethical practices.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eagles,

[/ QUOTE ]
agree 100 percent
Old 10-03-2007, 01:50 AM

this thread took a turn for the tilt-inducing, but to bring it back to the original topic, I'm crossposting my post in the nvg thread.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, this is quite interesting...

In barcelona Lee Jones went mental on Mark Teltscher when they were three handed in the EPT event. The reason?

Mark Teltscher's best friend (his only remaining friend) and him were both left and he said something lke "my only intention is to get heads up with my friend".

They did, and he lost, although they chopped the money. He got over $1 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the third place finisher.

FWIW, I knew they were friendly (I went out for drinks with them the night after we got ITM), but didn't realize they were roommates and had sorta forgotten they were friends during the final table. So I wasn't on the lookout for collusion. HOWEVER, I really doubt they were colluding, thinking back on it, they definitely didn't shy from getting involved with each other, and I never saw anything that seemed like chip dumping or in any other way colluding with each other. I'm not ruling it out, just saying that as the person who would theoretically (although not really) have the most to gain if they were colluding, I really don't think they were.

Take this with a large grain of salt, since my only interactions with him were the night after we got ITM for an hour and then at the final table, but I would NOT be at all surprised if he DID multiaccount this tournament. He strikes me as the kind of guy who wouldn't think it a big deal, and has an ego large enough to think he deserves more than one shot at winning it.

Also, I hadn't heard any such rumor about him not being the one playing 25/50, only heard that he was play2kill, and that play2kill was literally the best of the 25/50 players online. He certainly seemed like a great player to me, from the way he talked about poker, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't him playing online.

Oh also, when did lee go mental? was this over the webcast? I have the video but I haven't finished watching it, I'll have to check that out. I also don't remember hearing mark say that during play.

Anyway, I'm curious to see how this plays out.

-Greg
Old 10-03-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eagles,

[/ QUOTE ]
agree 100 percent

[/ QUOTE ]

i think anyone who has ever luckboxed there way into winning the sunday million should be burned at the stake
Old 10-03-2007, 01:57 AM

we can all agree tho, that there are some homeless ppl who def deserve to have $$ torn in front of them.

u know, those rly pushy ones that just wont quit.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eagles,

Your statements are okay under the assumption that JJ has stopped his unethical practices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I don't know and I don't care. At all. I'm obv getting flamed for this but seriously who cares? Realistically people will continue to find loopholes and I don't feel like wasting my time trying to shut them so I gain a little equity and feel and good about myself for stopping the cheaters. I'd rather just keep doing my thing and making money. I personally don't multi-account, never have and never will but I just don't feel that strongly about it either way. If stars finds out play2kill was cheating and takes his money I won't complain but its just not that big a deal to me.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole thread is retarded.
Anyone who thinks JJprodigy is a scumbag because he multi accounted tournaments when he was 15-16 years old and tons of other were people were doing it is a [censored] idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you in a sense that it's dumb to pass judgment on a person for the rest of their lives or be the morality police.. I can say with great certainty that everyone posting has done something that was considered largely immoral in their lifetime.. People change, learn from their mistakes, become better people and all that.. I cheated a good amount back in high school in a couple classes, I think I'm a different person now. It does however tell you a little bit about the person at the time, and sure you can judge a person based on that one thing.. they could be really cool people but they're still cheaters, they are still dishonest in this particular regard.

As mentioned I don't like all the apologetics and people thinking that it's no big deal.

My main gripe is that it gives a bad name for online poker, players involved in the same tourney get affected in some manner, and that others think it's okay.. there seems to be a gap b/w "real" world ethics and online, but there really shouldn't be since this is the real world.. It' no better than some internet scam. I guarantee if any of the apologetics were directly impacted by all of this, they'd likely have a change of heart to the whole situation and then it would be a big deal.

Also, the amount of multi-accounting at the time doesn't make it more acceptable in any way, shape, or form.

Getting back to the crux of the matter, and setting aside all the morality stuff, I think that all honest poker players just want an even playing field when they enter a tournament
Old 10-03-2007, 02:08 AM

As per usual the truth is somewhere in the middle.
Multiaccounting is obviously unethical. Are there more unethical things? Obviously. Are there unethical things which are relatively better than multiaccounting? Yes.

StealthMunk made some stupid posts and I don't know enough about JJ to determine whether he has reformed or not so I won't comment on that specifically, but judging someone based on there lowest moment when they were 16 isn't that good an idea.

Nath,
Too many of your posts strike me as. I don't multiaccount and am so ethical so my life is better than everyone who does. Firstly the premise is flawed. Secondly the conclusion is irrelevant. Cool that you have such an awesome life while being ethical, but that more or less a non-sequiter.

BTW I joined this thread late and I guarantee like three people will read this post and I will have wasted five minutes of my life typing this.