Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

View Poll Results: SHOULD THE USE OF THE N-WORD IN THE ARTS BE ACTIVELY DISCOURAGED ?
YES 31 29.81%
NO 73 70.19%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: *** Offcial Turning Stone SuperStacks Series ***

[ QUOTE ]
if i don't take top 3 in the $340 you will never see another post from me again (although you've never seen one to begin with) as I'll have most likely killed myself, multiple times.

btw losing 300k 60/40s because villain obviously has no idea what the term "range" means nor how to assess one, and according to villain, he "thought i had 10s" when he opens in cutoff to 24k at 3/6k and i iso shove the rest of his 150k stack and he calls off with KQo and beats out my A10 with 12 people left........well i dont know where im going here, but try it some time. it's probably the most fun thing you can do at Turning Stone.

also not seeing that LAG in seat 1 open raises, folds to you in BB and you flip over jacks under the assumption that you were just walked for the first time that tourney... thus auto-mucking them at 3/6k 1k ante is a close second on the fun-scale.

-holdplz

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to nitpick, but you may be the one misinterpreting ranges.

He must call 126k into a pot which has 63k in it, so he needs 40% equity to call.

Against a range where ATo is the worst hand in your range, hes getting about that. If you shove some worse hands and mix in some slowplaying of big hands, that makes his call pretty correct.

That said, I don't really like how either of you played it.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BUSTO FROM THE 500 CAUSE MKIND 3 BETS ME WITH 68 I CALL WITH QQ. FLOP IS T93 2 SPADES, I HAVE QS. I CHECK, HE CHECKS BEHIND, TURN 7 OF SPADES. I CHECK HE BETS I CALL. RIVER BLANK I CHECK, HE BETS I CALL. GG 2/3 OF MY STACK AND I TILT OFF THE REST.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used something u once told me here and that was that when re-raising someone 2 straight hands, people usually think u have something the 2nd time, so u like to do it w/ nothing. And FYI, it was 68 soooooooted.

After u left, I donked off like 6k in one hand w/ 4-high into a guy who check/called the nut flush (lol).

Still at 12k, I had to fold AQ on a KQ9A board and QhQ on J3h2h8h board to the biggest monkey on the table b/c he never raises w/o the nuts (he was nice enough to show TJ on 1st hand; K6h on the 2nd). I then got AI for like a 5k pot vs the monkey (on tilt after losing a 30k pot) on a 965 board w/ A9 vs T9; T on river np.

Somehow still have 7k at 100/200, when CO limps and I iso on btn to 800 w/ QJd; monkey in BB as well as the limper calls. Flop is AsQsJ; both check and I bet 2k w/ 1 call. Turn is the 8h, so I obv ship it in and stack off to T9o. But WAIT, I have 500 chips left!!! It goes in w/ KQ vs the obligatory Q7 call from the BB. The 7 on the river is a fitting way to end the day.

I've now busted in all 3 tournies at the 100/200 level.

Cliff Notes: I learned something from Charder; live poker is rigged; I'm sitting out of both 100/200 levels in the 1k tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:27 PM

lol well "LAG in seat 1" decimated his image multiple, multiple times - and although you told me you had nines i heard i was J9 ?? lol gg giving awway 17k pf pots
Old 11-30-2007, 02:33 PM

timex-

thx for the insight. i'm bad at poker, fyi. I was just fairly confident in a fold as well as having a better hand - his 4x just seemed weak to me as the last time he opened i repopped him and he folded - and im about to ramble but i just saw it as weak, decided to put pressure on and assumed he'd fold to a shove, and i thought his calling range was AQo+, maybe 1010, and JJ+, but his opening range very wide - although he hadnt opened much, i felt him opening in the cutoff with stack sizes the way they were was just a steal . but clearly i was wrong.

thx for ur post tho

-holdplz
Old 11-30-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
got 11th in the 340 today

at 2500/5000 6 handed guy shoves about about 40k utg, utg+1 young kid reraises to 85k with 95k behind, I shove JJ, he tankkkkkkkk calls with AK, A on the flop, gg chiplead

[/ QUOTE ]Well played Jordan. He was saying at first that he thought you had KK (which he should have snap crying called imo), but I think you gave away your hand strength a bit with something you said and then when you called the clock. I got the feeling (and villian told me he did to) that you wanted him to fold.

You played well overall and I think the FT is clearly softer with you not there. GG

Edit: Holdplz, I agree with timex and you missed two other things in that hand which I'll tell you after the FT is over, gl us.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:59 PM

sigh I just had the most redic day where I splayed some of my best poekr followed by the worse I've ever played I never adjusted and just keep trying I am so pissed off at myself right now.

Also I think people hit tp+ vs me on the flop 70% of the time when calling my raises with rags awesome.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
got 11th in the 340 today

at 2500/5000 6 handed guy shoves about about 40k utg, utg+1 young kid reraises to 85k with 95k behind, I shove JJ, he tankkkkkkkk calls with AK, A on the flop, gg chiplead

[/ QUOTE ]Well played Jordan. He was saying at first that he thought you had KK (which he should have snap crying called imo), but I think you gave away your hand strength a bit with something you said and then when you called the clock. I got the feeling (and villian told me he did to) that you wanted him to fold.

You played well overall and I think the FT is clearly softer with you not there. GG

Edit: Holdplz, I agree with timex and you missed two other things in that hand which I'll tell you after the FT is over, gl us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think calling the clock was a bad decision and I'm not really sure why I did it. I hadn't played much with that kid and realized that he was impossibly awful after that hand and a 5 minute conversation later with him in which I was explaining the hand to him after he had berated the play. At the end he just said, "wait....so should I have folded the AK to the 1st guy?". I had 3bet him with QQ once when we were both deep planning on snap calling a 4bet but I didn't realize that people under the age of 25 could ever be as nitty as this guy (thanks for the advice mkind).
Old 11-30-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
timex-

thx for the insight. i'm bad at poker, fyi. I was just fairly confident in a fold as well as having a better hand - his 4x just seemed weak to me as the last time he opened i repopped him and he folded - and im about to ramble but i just saw it as weak, decided to put pressure on and assumed he'd fold to a shove, and i thought his calling range was AQo+, maybe 1010, and JJ+, but his opening range very wide - although he hadnt opened much, i felt him opening in the cutoff with stack sizes the way they were was just a steal . but clearly i was wrong.

thx for ur post tho

-holdplz

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just being bitter since I wish I was at TS [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sigh I just had the most redic day where I splayed some of my best poekr followed by the worse I've ever played I never adjusted and just keep trying I am so pissed off at myself right now.

Also I think people hit tp+ vs me on the flop 70% of the time when calling my raises with rags awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's donkeystone for ya...Same way in the cash games usually
Old 11-30-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

U ever notice how u can go an entire trip w/o getting AA (I had KK once and check/folded in 4-way pot when an A flopped) but the same random noobs who play 80% of their hands can get it like 3x in a level, while still flopping like 2 sets, a flush, and not missing w/ an AK. WHY CANT I BE THAT NOOB!??!?!