Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-27-2007, 08:03 PM

Default PF Calling Range $1/2 live

When playing in $1/2 live, I find myself always afraid that without a premium holding that I easy could be dominated and that raising on the flop practically commits me (100-150bb stacks, PF raises range from $10-17, often 3-4 callers PF.) So I'll often go hours only calling a PF raise trying to set mine?

With that large of raises being standard, am I beting overly nitty by not calling without AQ+ or a PP? And if so, what would be a better range?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: PF Calling Range $1/2 live

It depends on my position and the action. If its looking like a heads-up pot, yeah, my calling range is razor thin, as most hands I'm willing to play are either setmining or 3-bets. As you know, players will often make inappropriate raises and will call too often, which sets up situations where I will call. Say there's a raise to $10 from EP, four callers before me on the button, and 2 passive fish in the blinds... I'm going to be calling that with a pretty big range, including a lot of suited connectors and one-gappers.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:39 PM

Suited connectors are MONEY in large family pots live. Just remember, you have NO fold equity against top pair [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 01:17 AM

I've found that I like the $1/3 games better since the pfr ranges are more in line w/ typical internet betting. Standard raises are the same in both games, but at $1/3 you have a 50% bigger stack to start w/.