Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Pro Poker Player Rumors

[ QUOTE ]
Were players like Daniel Negreanua and Barry Greenstien at one time broke, and how many other "world class" players have gone broke at one point or another?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP, you're going to get flamed for this and I can't say it's not deserved. Seriously, have you been living in a cave for the past five years? Do you know anything about poker?

The answer to your question is probably "almost all of them." Don't forget a large number of professional poker players are degenerate gamblers. Not all of them, but a lot. Of course they go broke from time to time.

Furthermore, who gives a flying [censored] if Brad Booth is broke today? Even if he is, within a month, he'll probably have more money than I'll ever see. I really don't think we have to worry about Negreanu, Booth, etc. ending up out on the streets.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:23 AM

around february of 2007 barry greenstein said on an interview in response to a rumor that hanson is broke, that gus is doing very well in the big game, that in fact, barry had borrowed from gus. now a lot can change in 8 months for sure. but, as of 8 months ago gus was flying high.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:27 AM

i guess the rumors about gus hansen being a shyt player are false then. He must be doing something right to do so well.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:14 PM

I doubt G Hansen is broke. I watched him 3 table at 100/200 PL Omaha on FT against J Juanda, a couple other pros and some miscellaneous players a few days ago (Tues?). He was up 80K at one table when it broke and was OK at the others. I'm assuming a 40K buy in but some were coming in for as little as 12K. Just some gossip to add I suppose.

Mark
Old 11-05-2007, 10:47 AM

lots of dumb in this thread
Old 11-05-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Happens to everyone. Time to time, everyone goes bust. You'll be back in the game before you know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is all untrue except for brad booth, I saw him driving kinish's truck the other day he forgot the cardinal rule "always leave yourself outs"