Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-03-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Stupid hand

Villian is a TAG and knows me well. Ive been playing more laggy than normal at this table, about 35/25. I think wa/wb is standard here for most people but I really hate it.

Preflop Hero is UTG w A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and raise, villain 3 bets in CO, everyone folds, I call.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Stupid hand

i'd c/c the flop and donk the turn
Old 11-03-2007, 11:51 PM

a flop c/c is an ace a lot of the time given how dry it is. make him suspicious and c/r the flop. it's more aggro than a flop c/c and turn donk and costs less if it were a bluff.

after the flop c/r bet all streets and fold river UI if he raises turn, or if he raises the river.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd c/c the flop and donk the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you like this line?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a flop c/c is an ace a lot of the time given how dry it is. make him suspicious and c/r the flop. it's more aggro than a flop c/c and turn donk and costs less if it were a bluff.

after the flop c/r bet all streets and fold river UI if he raises turn, or if he raises the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

ignore the part where i suggest folding. there is a higher than average chance he is tilting in some way and may raise as a bluff due to your lagginess.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:04 AM

if he actually is folding mid to big pairs to a single flop c/r, the solution is to start c/ring with air on those dry ace high flops.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:16 AM

Depends so much on your history with him. I don't think c/r'ing is bad if you have a lagy image.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:29 AM

I c/r and go from there, but that's usually because I've been caught at least once c/r'ing these flops with complete air. Gotta have the balance.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:15 AM

in these situations, I usually c/c the flop and check the turn. I just accept the fact that oftentimes I only get 1.5BBs worth of value. That's just the cost of playing against your opponent's superior position. However, I get a minimum of 1.5BB if he wants to showdown. Lately, I have preferred to take lines that do not put me in a spot where I fold a hand with outs, or pay a lot when I am very likely behind. There are more improtant decisions than squeezing every last bit of value, especially agsint solid opponents who will not give you much value in this marginal spot anyway.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he actually is folding mid to big pairs to a single flop c/r, the solution is to start c/ring with air on those dry ace high flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero wont have air in his UTG range very often.

But I tend to agree with you. I c/r here because people think I am an idiotmonkey and they will hardly even fold KQ