Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Trip Report: Jail

I posted bail which ended up being around $330 which I think they overestimated a little and court is Dec. 6 where the initial 'failure to appear' will be resolved.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:39 PM

fyi if you dont pay tickets or appear in court, you will get a warrant and go to jail
Old 11-07-2007, 03:50 PM

Awesome read.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:03 PM

Just curious, if u just ignored the cops lights and pulled into a closed garage in your apt, is there [censored] the cop could do?
Old 11-07-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, if u just ignored the cops lights and pulled into a closed garage in your apt, is there [censored] the cop could do?

[/ QUOTE ]

They know where you live and probably your plate number. You pick up another charge for evading and they still arrest you and are probably not in a pleasant mood for having to come and find you in your apartment.

To comment further on showing cops respect, just because your innocent doesnt give you the right to resist arrest. Cops are human and mistaken arrests are made all the time. Your best bet is to just let them take you in. I know people who have been mistakenly arrested and have picked up charges for resisting police officers.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They know where you live and probably your plate number. You pick up another charge for evading and they still arrest you and are probably not in a pleasant mood for having to come and find you in your apartment.

To comment further on showing cops respect, just because your innocent doesnt give you the right to resist arrest. Cops are human and mistaken arrests are made all the time. Your best bet is to just let them take you in. I know people who have been mistakenly arrested and have picked up charges for resisting police officers.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not arrested if the cop just shines his lights and you ignore it and pull into a garage. Most traffic stops don't lead to arrest. I don't believe the cop can enter your garage or do anything but sit there since it's private property. He can't put something out for you saying you "evaded arrest" if he can't even prove it was you driving the car.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:55 PM

A+, would read again. FYI if you're ever in Vail/Aspen, PM me, I live in Glenwood Springs.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:25 PM

Great story, A+

Would read again
Old 11-07-2007, 06:08 PM

baller story lol [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 06:47 PM

On a side note, the elightened voters of Denver approved a ballot measure that is supposed to put marijuana enforcement at the lowest priority, whatever that means. Welcome to the Mile High City.