Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:57 PM

Default 30NL - 6max - 89s

I'm playing 20/15/2 villain is loose bad 57/17/4, can i call this turn bet profitably?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.15/$0.30 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $60
CO: $51.30
Hero (BTN): $60.50
SB: $88.40
BB: $41.95
UTG: $71.10

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG calls $0.30, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.35</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.05, UTG folds

Flop: ($3.15) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($13.15) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $10</font>, Hero ?
Old 11-12-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: 30NL - 6max - 89s

you can call this turn bet profitably if you think all 14 outs are good and can squeeze value out of bb, i usually raise this turn though
Old 11-12-2007, 04:18 PM

I don't like a raise, I think we are getting called here no matter what. It's much better to call and see if you hit.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:20 PM

who said the turn raise was a bluff
Old 11-12-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can call this turn bet profitably if you think all 14 outs are good and can squeeze value out of bb, i usually raise this turn though

[/ QUOTE ]

raising the turn is i think bad immo, hes a giant calling station, and i'm behind almost every time he calls unless its QT
Old 11-12-2007, 05:47 PM

Just call the turn bet. The problem with raising is that if he folds, you were ahead anyway. His line that he has taken indicates a hand that is most likely stronger than TPTK. By raising, the most likely result is that he 3 bets you, which obviously is not a good thing. Your draw is very well disguised. Call with the intention of raising a river heart.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:14 PM

I call and plan on folding the river unless I improve. A raise folds out everything we beat and gets snapcalled by 2 pair +
Old 11-12-2007, 06:24 PM

I call turn and fold if we don't improve. I think he has you beat most of the time here.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:18 PM

if the river is an 8 are we calling a shove?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:51 PM

The decision on what to do on the turn is only if you're going to raise or call, you can't fold here because if you think he DOES have a hand then you just need to win a total of $40 if you're calling the $10 bet on the turn since hitting your flush would be 4:1 and since theres $23 already in the pot it means you need to feel pretty confident you can get all in or get at least $17 more on the river when hitting. Also since you probably have outs from either the 9 or the 8 that gives you more equity as well. If you don't think you can get that value on the river because he's bluffing the turn well then you would have to call with intentions of calling a river bet of his. Raising the turn becomes correct if you believe you can get him to fold a better 9 than yours, if you believe he plays his semi bluffs like this, and if you believe he's capable of following up with a river bluff that might make you fold out the best hand, in which case you'd be protecting yourself from getting bluffed out on the river as well as value raising for draws, with fold equity against better 9s.

For someone with this description though as being a calling station and loose.... I would just call on the turn and get it in on river flushes. The decision whether to get it in on river trip 9s or river two pair 8s comes down to what do you think he does on the river with a bare king and what you think he does on the flop with his OESD's. If he's capable of following up on the river with a big bet with one pair then get it in when hitting both twopair and sets, but if he's like alot of players and will just check/call his one pair on the river then you might want to fold river when the 8 hits and he pots into you again, and maybe even your trips depending on what kind of read you have on him. Obviously if you think he can do this when bluffing then you'll be calling for sure with trip 9s and two pair.. and somtimes with just your 9.

If your reads don't go that deep then i'd typically just get it in on any river flush and then make a decision if I want to get it in with trips/two pair depending on if he pots the river (i might fold) or if he checks river then i'll ofcourse value bet or shove.