Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October PART DEUX

[ QUOTE ]
I'm worse than fgators.. if that's possible

[/ QUOTE ]

Prodonkey, I'd be prepared to bet you $50 that I'm worse than you, but I know you'd just suck out on the river so I won't bother.

Would it be in any way useful to start an "I am an idiot" thread, where we post hands showing our 50NL retardedness and try to learn how us lot - who care and think about the game a lot - get owned by donkeys all the time? Might do that later if it's ok with mods.

[ QUOTE ]
don't worry about losing $$$ in non-showdown pots at uNL, nobody ever folds, thus we kill with valuebets and showdown winnings

also, ppl always talk about how awesome their W$SF is like 45% at SSNL/MSNL. well guess what, ppl see so many flops from the BB/SB when it's limped around that it's tough to get that high. I'd say 40% is pretty damn good at uNL.

[/ QUOTE ]

LT22, I think this is absolutely spot on and rarely said.

The implication of what you are saying is quite profound - I lose a fortune trying to win non-s/d hands as I know postflop is so important and that just sitting there waiting for my value hands isn't "real poker". Of course, that's bloody retarded. I've come to realise in recent months that uNL is a special kind of poker game with it's own rules on how to beat it - and most of those rules are not found in Sklansky (unless Sklansky has suddenly become an expert on Italian TAGFish calling preflop 3b's with T7o).

Edit to add: Derosnec (I think it was him) posted recently that he got raised only 7 times that day. That says it all. If I folded each of those 7 times, my wr would probably double.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:18 PM

At least I still pwn omaha.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:19 PM

Man, last night was crazy, a very good online buddy of mine who I've known for years was having a bad night on cake poker playing $100 NL HU, and so he went to his stars account and decided to full roll $1k NL and I saw him with a $1200 stack at one point and he ended up dwindling down to the $350 mark as to where he decided to eventually go all in with KQs after AlotOfAction 3 bet him again from the BB who had AK and ended up taking the rest of my buddies roll [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I will now set out to reach 5/10 NL and avenge my buddy's loss from AlotofAction assuming that he stays at 5/10 NL for another 2 years lol.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:21 PM

I say "Ye" to the "I am an idiot thread being posted" so that we can show our $50 NL retardedness sometimes. Sounds like a good idea, Chomp.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
don't worry about losing $$$ in non-showdown pots at uNL, nobody ever folds, thus we kill with valuebets and showdown winnings

also, ppl always talk about how awesome their W$SF is like 45% at SSNL/MSNL. well guess what, ppl see so many flops from the BB/SB when it's limped around that it's tough to get that high. I'd say 40% is pretty damn good at uNL.

[/ QUOTE ]

The implication of what you are saying is quite profound - I lose a fortune trying to win non-s/d hands as I know postflop is so important and that just sitting there waiting for my value hands isn't "real poker". Of course, that's bloody retarded. I've come to realise in recent months that uNL is a special kind of poker game with it's own rules on how to beat it - and most of those rules are not found in Sklansky (unless Sklansky has suddenly become an expert on Italian TAGFish calling preflop 3b's with T7o).

Edit to add: Derosnec (I think it was him) posted recently that he got raised only 7 times that day. That says it all. If I folded each of those 7 times, my wr would probably double.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think this way too about nonSD pots. What changed me was that I felt I was only thinking this way to make excuses for my lacking in nonSD pots. I am not sure about making a profit in nonSD pots at uNL but I do think you can at least breakeven in them as I did that pretty much at NL5 for 35k hands. I am pretty sure people call a lot of raises at NL5. I was losing a ton in nonSD pots at NL10 on stars and it wasn't because of my opponents it was because I sucked. When I say losing nonSD pots I am talking a buyin every 1000 hands over 33k hands. Now that adds up real quick and kills your wr. If I had just broke even in nonSD pots then I would have doubled my winnings.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:23 PM

I love all the hatorade I get since I got up to #1 on one of the sharkscope leaderboards. Everyone that has heard of sharkscope is like man u suck, how u ever get to be #1 lol.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i want to see the fabian video out of all of them. maybe i should buy it. how many he got?

[/ QUOTE ]

One, my second will be out in two weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I will be buying them as soon as my money right.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think this way too about nonSD pots. What changed me was that I felt I was only thinking this way to make excuses for my lacking in nonSD pots. I am not sure about making a profit in nonSD pots at uNL but I do think you can at least breakeven in them as I did that pretty much at NL5 for 35k hands. I am pretty sure people call a lot of raises at NL5. I was losing a ton in nonSD pots at NL10 on stars and it wasn't because of my opponents it was because I sucked. When I say losing nonSD pots I am talking a buyin every 1000 hands over 33k hands. Now that adds up real quick and kills your wr. If I had just broke even in nonSD pots then I would have doubled my winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very interesting discussion. I don't totally understand exactly what mistakes you feel you make when you try (too hard?) to win a non-s/d hand. Do you guys have any example hands where you felt you played this way?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:47 PM

can anyone teach me how to make a bankroll go UP consistently? rather than up a few nights then down a few till it returns to the initial amount began the week with. KOM im looking in ur direction here
Old 10-24-2007, 02:02 PM

OK. So about every 10 days I see someone make a comment that FTP or PS NL50 is softer.

Does anyone here have a large sample size (50k+ hands) on both fulltilt and pokerstars? Is your winrate any higher on one or the other?

Also keep in mind your own level of skill. If you played 50k hands on PS then 50k hands on fulltilt, chances are you got better. But does anyone have any evidence about which is softer?
Closed Thread