Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alobar-

The goal isn't to put Abso out of business, it is to compensate aggrieved players and to work to have better security at the site. While I appreciate your concern for me playing at Abso, I play there because it would be wrong to let all those suckers keep there money. I have little faith in people like you or "the poker community" to gt my money back so the only thing i can do is to grind it back

[/ QUOTE ]

So why not grind it back at a different site where you know they have better security and arent run by liars?

part of the problem is absolute knows it doesnt have to compensate aggrieved players or improve their security, because they have no incentive to do so, because it doesnt matter because everyone will still play there. If anything they have incentive NOT to do so because doing so actually costs them money and reputation, not doing so costs them nothing.

If I went to a grocery store and got ripped off by the cashier and management basically told me they looked into it and there was no wrong doing even tho there was proof there was. I would stop going to that grocery store. I guess you've decided that even with the possibility of getting ripped off its still more profitable to play there, but IMO making that decision means you lose all right to bitch about getting ripped off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you spoken to absolute security reps? Have you been personally involved in the investigation at all? Because it seems totally plausible in my conversations that they really are that dumb. You really don't know what AP is thinking alobar

Also, I'm on the lookout for suspicious activity now, and won't let something like that happen again.

As for why I still play there, I [censored] RUN AT 7+ptbb/100 over 200k hands... jeeez

[/ QUOTE ]

How do we do this?

Thanks

gg
Old 10-15-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If so, it is exceedingly unlikely that this is a mistake. Out of the thousands of times people request tourney histories for their own purposes, the one time absolute accidently sends the 'god' version if the history, is when a super-user owned the tourney? It is far more likely that this confidential info was intentionally released, or that there is some other causative relationship between these clearly correlated unlikely events.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh, no.

If you'd have read the thread, you'd know that several people have come out to say that absolute has also sent them similar excel files with all hole cards revealed.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alobar-

The goal isn't to put Abso out of business, it is to compensate aggrieved players and to work to have better security at the site. While I appreciate your concern for me playing at Abso, I play there because it would be wrong to let all those suckers keep there money. I have little faith in people like you or "the poker community" to gt my money back so the only thing i can do is to grind it back

[/ QUOTE ]

So why not grind it back at a different site where you know they have better security and arent run by liars?

part of the problem is absolute knows it doesnt have to compensate aggrieved players or improve their security, because they have no incentive to do so, because it doesnt matter because everyone will still play there. If anything they have incentive NOT to do so because doing so actually costs them money and reputation, not doing so costs them nothing.

If I went to a grocery store and got ripped off by the cashier and management basically told me they looked into it and there was no wrong doing even tho there was proof there was. I would stop going to that grocery store. I guess you've decided that even with the possibility of getting ripped off its still more profitable to play there, but IMO making that decision means you lose all right to bitch about getting ripped off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you spoken to absolute security reps? Have you been personally involved in the investigation at all? Because it seems totally plausible in my conversations that they really are that dumb. You really don't know what AP is thinking alobar

Also, I'm on the lookout for suspicious activity now, and won't let something like that happen again.

As for why I still play there, I [censored] RUN AT 7+ptbb/100 over 200k hands... jeeez

[/ QUOTE ]

How do we do this?

Thanks

gg

[/ QUOTE ]

the style, showdown perfection... yadayada

frankly i don't give a [censored] if there is a superuser in there if i'm running at 10+ptbb/100
Old 10-15-2007, 04:49 PM

hey ikestoys,

i havent seen any posts or screenshots about your recent results there. can you pls tell me if youve won or lost?

also, not sure if im gonna check back into this thread so pls go ahead and post results in every new thread.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:49 PM

hello victor,
youre being an ass.

thank you
ikes
Old 10-15-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with almost everything you say here but again I have to point out why when 100k+ (prob over 200k) was dumped to another person Absolute did not read flag it or it did not trigger some audit.

That type of activity doesn't go unnoticed unless a few people inside do something. As JohnnyBax questioned how many runners did they get for these higher guaranteed tourneys. Was there so much overlay that they had to try and win it themselves to recoup?

[/ QUOTE ]

The chip dumping is interesting, indeed. I would put forth a few explanations:

1) Absolute is not too good at detecting it. Do we have past examples where they caught chip dumpers and reprimanded them? It may be that they just did not notice.

2) They saw it but the money had been cashed out before they could do anything. They may be covering their tracks since the funds may have been withdrawn immediately after the dumping. If I were the crooks, I would steal, dump, and withdraw as fast as possible.

Regarding Absolute trying to recoup the big overlay, I think that is too speculative to be substantive (no offense). It would be a lot easier to just reduce the guarantee or come up with some promotion to get more people to play satellites.

The overlay issue, the software update, and the 9% interest offered to high rollers are interesting data points but largely circumstantial. I actually think the anecdotal story about Seif is more damning than anything. It was posted on ITH by a player I have met and respect a great deal. The retraction felt like an attempt to stay the execution of the golden egg laying goose.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey ikestoys,

i havent seen any posts or screenshots about your recent results there. can you pls tell me if youve won or lost?

also, not sure if im gonna check back into this thread so pls go ahead and post results in every new thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao
Old 10-15-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The overlay issue, the software update, and the 9% interest offered to high rollers are interesting data points but largely circumstantial. I actually think the anecdotal story about Seif is more damning than anything. It was posted on ITH by a player I have met and respect a great deal. The retraction felt like an attempt to stay the execution of the golden egg laying goose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. The guy was not lying when he made that post two years ago.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you look at the Excel file, you can see that Absolute only gave a time stamp in minutes rather than to the second.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's actually incorrect. The excel file did contain the timestamp down to the second, it's just a matter of formatting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I stand corrected. The way I was diplaying the Excel file only showed the minutes, but I see the seconds information now.

The basic idea that sorting by the time stamp didn't always correctly resolve the order of the actions holds in this case, since the check behind and the turn card were stamped with 9:17:47.

Have you looked for patterns in the amount of time it took POTRIPPER to act, to see whether the amount of time it took to play depended on the holdings of the other players for a fixed type of hand for POTRIPPER and previous action? There may be some internal delays which make the data unreliable, but the timing might be telling.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
didnt you get the memo, AP has looked at these hands and found no evidence of any cheating or being able to see whole cards

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread