Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group Two: 2 vs 6
Spiderman 2 95 69.85%
Men in Black 41 30.15%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Convince me to stake you (#2)

I am the second coming of christ. I have crazy work ethic, and cannot tilt. I also have patience and uber game selection skills.

SSNL.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:16 PM

Just bought a new computer so i only have 60k hands in my database, and honestly they arent impressive. I will spare ya the graph but can get it to ya later. Let me just say I LOVE THIS GAME, and am truley dedicated to being a highly sucessful online pro. I have played 30 hrs a week for the last 4 months or so, and if it wasnt for some unfortunate tilt sessions I would be pretty profitable. I already beat 100nl regularly and 200nl on a semi regular basis (currently underolled for 200) but am confident that I can step into and beat 400nl (have played a small sample of hands there). I beleive that on my own i am in the top 5% at the levels I play, but need some coaching and feedback to really step my game up to a dominant level. I feel that with some coaching, I could be playing 5-10nl in 2 months. Thanks for the consideration, appriciate the oppertunity.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:19 PM

My first 1000 hands on headsup .50/$1 on FTP. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I PM'ed you. I stay away from headsup now, love it and am pretty good. Just alot of variance. MAYBE IF I HAD A COACH.

Hmmm... (Ponders what it could be like...)

Peace,
Bad Beat Maker
Old 07-11-2007, 06:42 PM

I would like you to stake me, but more so I would like a good coach. I started winning cash games on Pacific Poker winning about 3K after grinding up from the free $10 they gave me. This was when I was 15. Then moved to Pokerstars but could never be profitable in cash games. I don't know what it is but it seems my AK top pairs always lose to a set or my sets always get drawn out to. I don't play cash games much anymore, but I have about 18K in tourny cashes. 8K or some profit. I'm ok at sngs, but I would actually LOVE a coach to get me back into the cash games, and it would be beneficial to you to make me a winning player, and gain some money and a friendship for coaching me. PS: I can play legally now.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:48 PM

Hi Greg,

I've been a winning live player for about 3 years while my online game has been a bit sketchier. I was a losing player for about a year, losing about 1.5k until the start of this year when I began taking it more seriously thanks to help from friends who were fellow microstakes players. I ran up about 1.5k playing 25NL at the start of 07 and because of needing money I ended up withdrawing it. Then about May I started again with $50 and played 10NL, bumped to 25 and 50NL and was doing well, had a bankroll of about $2500 when I took my 100NL stab.

At first it went very well, I was rolling along and doing the best I had done online up to that point. Unfortunatly I withdrew from my roll again, taking $2500 from my $4000, I'm actually getting married this weekend and that is becoming very expensive for me. Of course coinciding with that was the doom switch which took me on a brutal downswing. See the graph from 100NL below. I've had to drop levels to 25 and 50NL again to rebuild.

I feel some help from a capable winning player who can help me spot tough situations would drastically improve my game. I've looked into coaching but just didnt want to spend the money. I'm looking to be bankrolled for 100NL so I can go at it again without having to wait 1-2 months to rebuild a roll at microstakes again. From my 30k+ hands at that level it seems very beatable as I'm sure you know.

I put in a lot of hands, between 60-75k a month, and for the time being my goals are to be beating 100NL and 200NL. Modest I know but I'm a bit of a bankroll nit now after being a gambloor when I first started online a couple years ago.

Anyway, email PM-ed. Here's my 100NL graph from the last 6-8 weeks. Yeah I know, I use pokeroffice, blah blah.

Thanks,
DonovanMD

Old 07-11-2007, 06:52 PM

1.#1 small stakes player in the world

i state the stats to stunt, i dont need to front make poker history every day i dont need a month
Old 07-11-2007, 07:00 PM

I don't want stake
Just steak

Filet, medium-rare

holla
Old 07-11-2007, 07:30 PM

Back in the days of pokerroom I ran my initial $50 deposit into $10k by crushing the .5/1 - 2/4 heads up NL cash games. Of course once I got there I started playing 5/10 and 10/20 and I played 6 max where I was both outclassed and still played like it was heads up. I repeated this feat at BetOnBet within 6 months of PR and more recently I ran $25 up to $10k at full tilt playing strictly HU tables up to 5/10 NL. My obvious weakness is bankroll management, but when I'm playing with someone else's money I am careful with it, as I have been staked to play the .5/1 HUNL games at FTP and earned my staker $1k in profits within a week. I would love the opportunity to get back in the game and also learn from your experience in either 6 max or HU.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:43 PM

im interested in being staked to play $60 STT turbos

rrigod is my stars SN.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:54 PM

I'm new to fulltilt 100nl, and like it so far. I'm a huge bankroll nit, I dont like to move up without a huge bankroll to back it up, this is where you come in. I think I definitelly have potential to beat the mid stakes, if guided properly.

Shot at 2007-07-11