FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

Wow I can't believe this is still going on. At the start I thought they were prolly bots, but now it seems clear they are not. The original case has completely fallen apart.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
found this webpage doing a google search...

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome to Wednesday afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

From PokerPages player profile:

[ QUOTE ]
Hobbies: Bot programming

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I can't believe this is still going on. At the start I thought they were prolly bots, but now it seems clear they are not. The original case has completely fallen apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm no. The original case has led to the conclusion that we cannot determine 100% one way or another if they are bots. This is also the conclusion Full Tilt came to. Anyone with half a brain thinks their activity is still highly suspicious and thinks they should be given the money but their accounts closed.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:43 PM

They haven't played the last 2 days. Isn't that what everybody wanted?
Old 05-13-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on now - a banned/outed bot operator will simply create a new account and log in from a new IP.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on now - a banned/outed bot operator will simply create a new account and log in from a new IP.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how do you prevent that from happening? (besides sending a death squad to OP's address).
Old 05-13-2007, 07:34 PM

Trebek, thanks for looking into this as much as you have. I play exclusively at the 1-2 NL level on Full Tilt and have seen these guys taking over the tables for months. Not only do they play an irritating, nitty style of poker, but they're obviously overrunning the tables and making it impossible to sit down and play against the real competition. This cuts into everyone's profitability. I long ago suspected mariojr and full_tilting of being bots and started reraising a lot of their button steals with just about anything.

I had no idea my instincts were so good until now. I actually recall on numerous occasions jokingly accusing mariojr of being a bot. Never once did he reply. It wasn't until after I had played with mariojr for months did he actually come out of the blue and say something. I asked him where he was from and claimed to be from NY, which clearly appears to be a lie now based on the Pittsburgh connection that has been discovered.

Just thought I'd share my personal experience with these guys. Unfortunately between the four of them combined, I've lost about $400, mostly in getting overaggressive in challenging them towards the tail end of their run before you finally called them out. Based on the large # of hands I've played against them, I suppose two buy ins isn't a huge number. But I still find it highly irritating and in the end, regardless of the action FT decides to ultimately take, you have made sure this activity has been exposed.

Thanks again.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm no. The original case has led to the conclusion that we cannot determine 100% one way or another if they are bots. This is also the conclusion Full Tilt came to. Anyone with half a brain thinks their activity is still highly suspicious and thinks they should be given the money but their accounts closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhm no. if people were punished just because of "suspicious" activity, our legal system would be a joke.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uhm no. if people were punished just because of "suspicious" activity, our legal system would be a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Except this isn't a legal situation. Full Tilt is a private business and has the right to say who can play and who can't. No one has a right to play there. These guys are up to some shady [censored], whatever they're doing. Give them their money and send them packing.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even close to the same thing.