Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: 10/20 stars kinda big bulff

i dont mind preflop
Old 04-26-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like as long as you haven't been playing over aggro this session.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-26-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont mind preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

are you doing this most of the time with any pair or only occasionally? are you also coldcalling aa and kk more than you're 4betting? you don't have odds to play for a set so you'd better have huge bluff equity to call 33 oop here. and you can't have huge bluff equity against competent opponents if your range is full of small pairs.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:02 PM

ike did u see stack sizes
Old 04-26-2007, 09:30 PM

For some reason, I think people are less likely to call with their hand here that beats nothing but a bluff less often when you push this river instead of betting what you did. I like the hand generally tho.

-Jason
Old 04-26-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason, I think people are less likely to call with their hand here that beats nothing but a bluff less often when you push this river instead of betting what you did. I like the hand generally tho.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

i was actually going to say this... i agree with the first half but not the second half. i like a push (2x pot i think it is?) on the river but i don't like the pot bet. i actually don't like the hand as played but i guess i'm the only one... i really think you get looked up by a queen or better a lot. but i think a push is a good play in this spot.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:41 PM

i actually pushed the slider all the way to the edge, then for some reason moved it back

but that kinda pschological part is interesting
Old 04-27-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i actually pushed the slider all the way to the edge, then for some reason moved it back

but that kinda pschological part is interesting

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm actually interested in the results of this one since my read on villain's hand was so different from everyone else...
Old 04-27-2007, 02:17 PM

Duck, do you think there is a difference between 88 and KQ here? IMO, the only difference is that some people feel AQ/KQ bets the flop a good % of the time, other than that, g-p is hardly ever leading TT or even KQ here imo, so if villian is a thinkin player, he's prob not going to see much of a difference in the two- except in their absolute value, where top pair looks better than second pair.

I don't believe g-p leads this river for value though even with AQ more than like 10% of the time .. and that's assuming he cc with AQ(suited maybe) in this situation.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:53 PM

agree with fslexduck here. He plans on calling this river a lot of the time. He could have 99-JJ I guess but if so I hate his play, and he still might call the river some of the time.

Something that no one has really discussed is the comment you made about this being a spot where you're rarely bluffing. I haven't played with you that I know of, but I think he thinks you can be bluffing here probably. He knows his hand looks somewhat weak because of the flop check, but I think a lot of the time he has AA KK AQ, and is trying to get to showdown, scared of a set or a higher pair. It looks like he called the turn with the intention of calling the river, and I think he can talk himself into a call here with those hands because his hand is under repped. I think a shove is a lot less likely to be called than your bet, but your bet is def better than like 1/2-3/4 pot which is getting snap called prob.

I think it's pretty close but I doubt your bet is +ev here. It's pretty good for metagame I think though, but you may not need that since it sounds like you're pretty bluffy. It sucks because if I'm betting the turn with your hand I really really want to follow through on the river but I dunno.

One final thing, what are you value betting here or what does he think you'd value bet here. It could be a big deal whether or not you vb AQ here.