Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: 100NL - QQ facing utg raise

Nice post Albert.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:50 PM

Thanks guys. My thoughts at the time were very much along the lines of Cheese's post. In the actual hand villian obviously had JJ so I wanted to check I hadn't missed any value.

[ QUOTE ]

Second, it frequently flushes AA and KK out of the bushes. Many players don't like to just call KK-AA to a pfrr OOP. They 4-bet or push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've stacked off in a couple of similar situations recently to KK/AA calling my 3 bet OOP and letting me bet my stack off. I've also seen a lot of 4 betting AI with 88, AQ, and the odd random hand.

I wasn't happy getting this many BBs all in pre with QQ FR vs UTG, and as my 3 bets rarely seem to be flat-called QQ seemed "too good" to raise/fold and be turning into a bluff 90% of the time.

Your post makes a lot of sense tho. Perhaps I'm underestimating the % of time I'll be flat-called here. I guess I'll go back to usually reraising this pre and then see how I'm doing in these situations next week. (after another 25k hands)

Albert, you say you "usually" reraise this pre. Do you mean like an 80/20 split and you think the plays are fairly close with reraising being a little better? Or do you think reraising is clearly superior?
Old 11-10-2007, 04:07 PM

I'm not raising this flop for information, I'm raising it for value. I reraise preflop almost every time unless we have weird history. I think you played this hand way too passively, every street as played should be a raise or a bet. When you were checked to on the turn, value bet. I guess it's just a matter of style, but I play this much more aggressively. It's easy to dump if he really comes alive and shoves or something but imo you're just missing too much value by checking and smoothcalling.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:21 PM

I would reraise PF.

Value bet the turn.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:42 PM

16/7..... I'm rr PF with position. Always.

As played, weak sauce to the flop, weak sauce to the river. You lost value. Not a bad thing per se,,,, just not very good either.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:16 PM

For those saying he lost value, would Villain play AA or KK any differently? Doubtful. A turn bet is a donation against his check-calling/check-raising range unless we know he's gonna check-call 99 here. A 16/7 has AT like never ever here.