Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Q5s reviewed hand

UTG is loose and erratic. Earlier he called overplayed A3 pretty badly on a A68 board, but he also raised preflop and never made a c bet HU.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $15/$30
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8.25BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (11.25BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 13.25BB
Old 10-19-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Q5s reviewed hand

You have a very weak hand, out of pisition with a very coordinated flop. No-one folded getting 9 or 10 to 1 and even the tightest of players are not going to fold when you make it 12.5+ to 1. Further, you give them odds to call the turn with weaker hands.

I would bet the flop if I thought UTG was likely to raise and other players would fold or as played I'm calling the flop.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:42 PM

Disclaimer: Never played higher than 1/2. Don't know how aggro people can be up there.

Flop seems good value-play. Turn fine.

I wonder if we can fold the river. We beat JJ and 99, but given ur description he would probably have played them harder? This is certainly true for a Qx type of hand. If he holds a FD he would have had a monster draw on the flop and probably pumped it. Also he is bluffing agaisnt two opps.

I can't think of a hand we beat, so I think we can fold.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:02 PM

If he is really that loose and erratic I would consider waiting for the turn to put in more action. I think raising the flop is fine given the conditions (UTG betting his whole range and 2 guys calling on a coordinated board.) There is no way you're protecting your hand here so it's really a question of when you can exploit your equity. I think your equity is fairly thin on the flop since even if you do have the best hand now, it is probably not ahead by much on this board. But, if a good turn card comes out, you can check and hope the aggressive player bets again (maybe with an A high draw or smaller pair) and then trap the field when your equity changes. Alternatively, you can donk a safe turn card because he sounds like the type that might give up here. The T is a somewhat safe card so I would take one of those lines. I think you can choose a lot of different lines in these spots where your equity is thin, it's going to change a lot on the turn and you aren't in position to protect. I prefer the turn in these cases though. I fold the river because you beat K9 and that's about it.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:15 PM

I play it exactly the same [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I can't understand you people saying fold the river. getting like a million to one vs a loose erratic player, and now we chop with any Q
Old 10-19-2007, 04:15 PM

any reads on CO, Button? if they bet light when checked to, i like a flop check with the intention to raise a LP bet, otherwise i like a flop donk given your read that UTG is not big on c-bets.

as played i really don't like the flop c/r. you can't have a huge edge here and making a huge pot OOP vs. 3 others is ugly.

call river because 13:1 + irrational villain = autocall.