Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: \"Un-mucking\" a mucked hand

Seems to me that the OP's story it was a dead hand and she shouldn't have been awarded the pot. As Rick pointed out she didn't know she had the winning hand and she didn't table her hand, she went to muck it and flashed it to the table so they could see. So it falls under the one person to a hand rule.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:23 PM

Sounds as if there was no dispute that she did indeed have the 7s, and therefore had the winning hand. It’s unclear whether she properly tabled either of the cards.

It’s also unclear whether the player with the X high flush tabled both her cards.

Since no one at the table is disputing that the player showed a straight flush, I think it is clearly in the best interest of the game to award the pot to that player. (Along with a warning about protecting her hand.)

In my experience, most floor people at Foxwoods rule that the muck has magical hand-killing properties. Therefore, the odds are that if a floor had been called, the straight flush would have been ruled dead. On the other hand, Foxwoods does have some floor people who do not believe in magical mucks. I have seen them rule that a player who flashes the winning hand and unknowingly mucks it is still entitled to the pot in the best interest of the game. (I long ago gave up trying to find out what the room’s “official” rule, if any, is on this point.)
Old 06-12-2007, 09:17 PM

There is nothing unclear. The OP says "face down".
Old 06-13-2007, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing unclear. The OP says "face down".

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? So I suppose all the players who saw the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] were wearing those cool X-Ray glasses then?
Old 06-13-2007, 05:52 AM

some people possess a special skill which allows them to view objects even when they are not laying on a table
Old 06-13-2007, 06:31 PM

I always hate to see the best hand lose on a technicality. Any hand that has been turned face up and is abviously the winning hand should never lose on a technicality or dealer error.

On the other hand, turned face up means both hole cards visible on the cameras, as well as your neighbors.

In either case the dealer has no business retrieving mucked cards, and was WAY out of line not calling the floor.