Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: 3/6 deep vs maniac..

The people who are advocating a fold here are waaaaaaay off the mark. I can't believe how many well-respected posters are going along with that. He's raising everything so we have no reason to assume he has AA based on preflop action, and if I'm villain in this hand, I repot A9 after a call and a short-stack push without even thinking about it, so his range should be at least that wide.

Given the read that he's a maniac, I'd think you'd have to consider hands like A7, 97, and all matter of wraps as well. The fact is that even excluding draws, we're probably about 75% against his range here. Folding this hand is like lighting money on fire.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The people who are advocating a fold here are waaaaaaay off the mark. I can't believe how many well-respected posters are going along with that. He's raising everything so we have no reason to assume he has AA based on preflop action, and if I'm villain in this hand, I repot A9 after a call and a short-stack push without even thinking about it, so his range should be at least that wide.

Given the read that he's a maniac, I'd think you'd have to consider hands like A7, 97, and all matter of wraps as well. The fact is that even excluding draws, we're probably about 75% against his range here. Folding this hand is like lighting money on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely in your camp iggy, but I think the issue raised by those advocating a fold is that once we come back over the top of his raise for like 200BB, what range will he call us with?
Old 11-20-2007, 12:34 AM

If you really think that he's reraising that whole range, and then folding everything but AA to a push, you should smooth-call the 3-bet. Honestly though, I think he's definitely calling 77 and probably calling A9 too (in addition to all the draws). A7 or worse, I agree that he's probably folding.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely in your camp iggy, but I think the issue raised by those advocating a fold is that once we come back over the top of his raise for like 200BB, what range will he call us with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maniacs call with any draw. Openender or better (actually they push).
Old 11-20-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you really think that he's reraising that whole range, and then folding everything but AA to a push, you should smooth-call the 3-bet. Honestly though, I think he's definitely calling 77 and probably calling A9 too (in addition to all the draws). A7 or worse, I agree that he's probably folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just playing devil's advocate. I agree entirely with the range you've given him although I think if he has any shred of intelligence he might drop A9, but in my experience he's probably fistpumpcalling with 77 and looking to gamboooool with anything resembling a draw. That's why I can't understand why it would be a 'clear' fold, especially given the way we've played our hand up until this point.