Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: 3/6 deep vs maniac..

[ QUOTE ]
just because someone is maniacal preflop and with lots of bets on the flop as the pfr doesnt mean at all that he get big money in without the goods, esp in deep PLO.

[/ QUOTE ]
well yes, but the OP said he is a maniac, to me that means more than just he is aggro preflop and continuation bets a lot. It's possible OP got a false impression of how loose the guy plays based on his preflop activity, it's hard to say any more without knowing the player better.

Having said all that your hand looks like it can be a draw here, so even a moderately aggro player can be isolating with worse.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:15 PM

I agree with blopp in this.. I think it is a Fold.. I only invested 144$ in the pot.. A now i playing for 3 BI, where im mostly dead or best case a coinflip.. But i didn't play that way.. I shoved and shipped a nice pot..

ICheckFold raises $1337.88
Hadendude goes all-in with $2885.77
ICheckFold goes all-in with $1881.29
*** TURN *** [7c Ah 9s] [7h]
*** RIVER *** [7c Ah 9s 7h] [Tc]
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $4119.54 | Rake $3.00
Board: [7c Ah 9s 7h Tc]
gizmochez won ($0.00), mucks
Hadendude won ($0.00), showed [3s 8h Ts 6c]
ICheckFold won ($4119.54), showed [9h 9c 4h Kd]
pokernoob9 won ($0.00), showed [8s 8d 6s 8c]
Ibetmywife won ($0.00), mucks
Old 11-18-2007, 07:02 PM

Sans-results obviously, I really think this should be a fold 100% of the time. You guys are so deep that it just doesn't make any sense to stack off with middle set in a 2bet pot preflop, especially against a maniac that from what you have described, is going to give the money back regardless. Here, you held up as what, a 65/35 favorite, whereas I would expect that you are generally going to be getting it in as a 85/15 dog most of the time in this spot. (Is that math even close to right?)
Old 11-18-2007, 08:06 PM

I know who I'm buddylisting after this hand
Old 11-19-2007, 04:43 AM

Jesus, how can one fold with these reads... This is such a sick easy repot, havent seen such an easy one in a long long time
Old 11-19-2007, 05:35 AM

So standard against bad maniac. I donīt see anything interesting in this hand. Also LOL @ considering folding this. Usually you are a huge favourite (against top2 or something like top+bottom+gutshot or like that). If flop would have had FD that you didnīt have, I would just call on the flop.

Roundtower is getting this spot right in his analysis. On average we get money in here as a 60/40-65/35 favourite. I take these odds every day.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sans-results obviously, I really think this should be a fold 100% of the time. You guys are so deep that it just doesn't make any sense to stack off with middle set in a 2bet pot preflop, especially against a maniac that from what you have described, is going to give the money back regardless. Here, you held up as what, a 65/35 favorite, whereas I would expect that you are generally going to be getting it in as a 85/15 dog most of the time in this spot. (Is that math even close to right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey gordo,

I respect your posts a lot and they generally make a lot of sense to me when I read them, so I was curious as to the fact that you said this should be a fold 100% of the time.

In the OP, he describes the villain as a complete maniac who has repotted everything and c-bet 100% of the time. Do you really think that this kind of villain is going to be flipping up AAA everytime he repops this flop and we come over the top of that?? Surely this kind of opponent is going to be making this move with AA, 77, A9, wraps and possibly A7. Similarly, when we come back over the top of his 3-bet, how much do you think his range is going to tighten up? Most likely he drops A7, possibly A9 and *maybe* 77. If our hand looks like a set, I can't see him dropping any draw that we might be ahead of, it just seems more likely he'd rather get it in as a 35/65 or 40/60 dog and gamble. From the description I gathered, this guy wasn't a solid LAG but a complete maniac. Having said all that, I can't see how this hand possibly warrants a fold 100% of the time.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:13 AM

Also fold preflop.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey gordo,

I respect your posts a lot and they generally make a lot of sense to me when I read them, so I was curious as to the fact that you said this should be a fold 100% of the time.

In the OP, he describes the villain as a complete maniac who has repotted everything and c-bet 100% of the time. Do you really think that this kind of villain is going to be flipping up AAA everytime he repops this flop and we come over the top of that?? Surely this kind of opponent is going to be making this move with AA, 77, A9, wraps and possibly A7. Similarly, when we come back over the top of his 3-bet, how much do you think his range is going to tighten up? Most likely he drops A7, possibly A9 and *maybe* 77. If our hand looks like a set, I can't see him dropping any draw that we might be ahead of, it just seems more likely he'd rather get it in as a 35/65 or 40/60 dog and gamble. From the description I gathered, this guy wasn't a solid LAG but a complete maniac. Having said all that, I can't see how this hand possibly warrants a fold 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking was completely based on stack sizes... His line really is pretty suggestive of AAA and IMO OP is too deep to warrant getting it in there with middle set even though it is against a maniac... The worst feeling in poker is paying off the guy at the table who is going to spread the wealth around the table regardless; I just prefer to wait for an easier spot.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hey gordo,

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking was completely based on stack sizes... His line really is pretty suggestive of AAA and IMO OP is too deep to warrant getting it in there with middle set even though it is against a maniac... The worst feeling in poker is paying off the guy at the table who is going to spread the wealth around the table regardless; I just prefer to wait for an easier spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion is biased from usually playing better opponents than this. In PLO400 level you see so much "interesting" maniac-type of players, that you can never fold this. Against good LAG itīs completely different story.