Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Z I N G

A 5 (75%) vs. 10 5 (25%)

$20 Tournament. Three handed with blinds at $4 and $8. I was on the button and looked at A 5. The big blind already had $8 in and only about $15 left behind so I decided to raise it enough to put him all-in. The SB folded and the BB had to call. He rolled up 10 5. Flop was 7-10-10.

A J (60%) vs. KQ (40%)

NLHE cash game. I raised $1 UTG with A J and got re-raised $2 more by the crazy guy to my left who tries to win every pot I enter. I called. The flop was 2-4-6. I checked and he bet out $2.50. As soon as he did it I knew he had nothing because my reads can cut diamonds. I re-raised $4.50 more 100% sure that I had him beat, and he called anyway with K Q. The turn was a 7 and the river was a Q. Once again, I was punished for getting all the money in as a 3 to 1 favorite after the flop. THATS POKER!

10 2 (75%) vs. 7 2 (%25)

NLHE cash game. I raised to $1.25 pre-flop and got 1 caller, we’ll call him “The Emu”. The flop was J-8-2. I bet $2 and got called. The turn was a 2. So now its J-8-2-2. He checked and I checked because I didn’t want to lose my man. The river was a 7. He bet out $2 and acted a little bit and I raised $4 more. He studied for a while and re-raised $5 more. Now this guy is a reasonably tight player and I know he’s not going to re-raise bluff. I should’ve laid this one down but I didn’t.

7 5 (15%) vs. Q Q (85%)

$20 Tournament. Blinds were at $0.50 and $1. I limped in first position with the 7 5 diamonds everyone folded back to the button (The Emu) who made it $2 more both blinds called the small raise which I also called. The flop was 10-Q-3 all diamonds. I felt certain that the Emu hand a big hand here so when I flopped “The Joint” I moved all-in because I didn’t really think he could get away from AA, KK, or QQ. He thought for about 10 seconds and ten called. When the money went in I was (65%) to win and this one actually held up. I Zinged the Emu back to the African Plains.

K K (85%) vs. Q 9 (15%)

NLHE cash game. The Aardvark raised $1 as he did in about 75% of the hands he played. I looked down at KK and moved in for $4.50 more and he called. The flop was 7-9-9. He ended up making quad 9s, just hilarious.

7 Card Shuck HL Eight or Better Declare

I had 6-2-2-6 showing and my opponent had J-10-9-8 showing before the shuck. I had 3-4-K in the hole. I shucked the K and hit a 5 and then I was very surprised to see him shuck his up J. He caught a 5. He bet out $1 and I was convinced that he didn’t have a straight. So I raised $5. Two good things could happen at this point in my mind. He could fold which is fine or he could call and I’ll scoop him. He called and it took him 5 to 10 days to decide which way to shoot. I never even considered not shooting both ways because he took so long. Now I look back and I think it was half act half tough decision. He finally shot high and showed me Q-J in the hole for the straight. I lost the whole pot.

--------------------------
- $50 for the night.
--------------------------

Old 11-11-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Z I N G

Riveting.
Closed Thread