Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 14. 6m UTG w/ 33
Raise 7 18.92%
Call 5 13.51%
Fold 25 67.57%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2007, 05:04 AM

Default Re: Official SSSH LC/NC Thread for November!

Gotta brag about this

Oink guest starring at DC showing his lack of skills

After the video I felt I played pretty well. So if any of you guys notice anything awfull I'd really like to hear it.

Plz note the sexy European accent... (Unfortunately I think you need to be Italian or something to have that - I just sound russian)
Old 11-15-2007, 05:21 AM

It's clear, when you're running bad you should move up to chase losses/where they respect your raises/etc.

Started with 1k, first time playing limit holdem on Stars ever, started at 2/4 and 3/6:

OK that didn't work. Let's move up to 5/10 and see what happens:

Much better.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gotta brag about this

After the video I felt I played pretty well. So if any of you guys notice anything awfull I'd really like to hear it.

Plz note the sexy European accent... (Unfortunately I think you need to be Italian or something to have that - I just sound russian)

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE GOLD

(Danish is like Dutch, right?)
Old 11-15-2007, 05:42 AM

I LOLed

[ QUOTE ]
(Danish is like Dutch, right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

F
U
!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gotta brag about this

[/ QUOTE ]

already watched it. It was a very very good video imo.

one LOL moment was when you started looking at the table on the (edited) right and got confused and thought that your call in the BB with ATs was a raise from UTG that had been CC by the guy that actually opened from UTG. So you donked out of the BB on a QQx flop and the guy folded. obviously you were just faking us out and that was expert.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:38 AM

on a different note. I totally crush NL. Like really really crush. I mean the game is ridiculously easy. People just give away their stacks if you table select.

So I tend to play NL for like an hour a day, and always seem to make at least a buy-in or two. Then I sit down at limit and run like crap. And get sucked out on, and get coolers. And can't win a freaking pot to save my life. And I play for 3-4 hours and if I'm lucky I have a small win, usually I break even or lose a little bit (this is not true as I do win but I'm trying to whine here). And I get so frustrated.

But in the end I just keep going back and playing limit. The tables are crappy sometimes, and the rake is higher. And the beats are worse, and the variance is worse. But I keep playing limit.

wtf is wrong with me.......
Old 11-15-2007, 08:18 AM

Limit is more fun. Not up for debate iMO.

I have started playing NL as well and after watching a bunch of CR videos and debating with good players I have started figuring it out.

I am amazed at how bad even some TAGs are as high as NL400. (Havent played NL600)

NL bores the hell out of me. But if I have to start doing this for a living I want to be able to play any kind of poker well enough to reduce the probability of a burn out.

I really think thats important! Getting good enough to play big live tourneys and mid stakes PLO and NLHE should do the trick.

And of course it improves game selection.

I think it would be nice to be a mini version of PA or a non-loosing Degenyamine
Old 11-15-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Limit is more fun. Not up for debate iMO.

I have started playing NL as well and after watching a bunch of CR videos and debating with good players I have started figuring it out.

I am amazed at how bad even some TAGs are as high as NL400. (Havent played NL600)

NL bores the hell out of me. But if I have to start doing this for a living I want to be able to play any kind of poker well enough to reduce the probability of a burn out.

I really think thats important! Getting good enough to play big live tourneys and mid stakes PLO and NLHE should do the trick.

And of course it improves game selection.

I think it would be nice to be a mini version of PA or a non-loosing Degenyamine

[/ QUOTE ]

thats basically it. I find limit more interesting. I can sit and play limit for hours on end, but I get bored with NL in like 2 hours max.

I think my goal is to be profitably playing NL600 by the end of the year as an alternative to my mid stakes limit playing. If I can be playing NL600 and maybe even moving above 10/20 limit (my current max level) I think I'll be able to make a very nice profit every month.

then the next game to learn is Stud8. I already mess around with it at low stakes every once in awhile. I also have read most of Ray Zees book, but that was while I was on vacation in Europe last summer so I think I've forgotten most all of it.

I guess it is good to learn more games, I sometimes wonder though if I shouldn't just spend more time playing the much easier and much lower variance NL games.

I guess it is a decent problem to have
Old 11-15-2007, 09:23 AM

For the past 2 months...I supplements my limit br with nl mainly b/c you can sit and nut peddle and walk away with 2 buyisn pretty easily...and it allows you to have more tables open at once since there isnt near the thought process when nut peddling nl.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gotta brag about this

[/ QUOTE ]

My account ran out there, but I will assume it when something like this:

Hmm, I call.
Hmm, I'm calling down.
Hmm, I'm going to look him up here.
Hmm, when he bets that A it becomes more likely he's on a draw so I call.
Hmm, if the river doesn't come a diamond, J, T or 9 then I'm going to call him down.

Edit: Oh, and fasssher.