Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 03:07 PM

Default WTF to do?????

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $14.70
Hero (BB): $26.55
UTG: $31.10
MP: $39.45
CO: $25.35
BTN: $25.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.85</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4.00</font>, Hero??

Been playin with villian for 30 hands, over that time hes 28/21. Hasn't been involved in any noteworthy plays, still pretty much unknown.

I'm leaning towards fold here, but I don't know what to do.
Im toast to an overpair or set, pretty even money against hands like A8 with 1 over and straight draw, behind to good combo draws
Old 08-17-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: WTF to do?????

yeah, thats bummer. i'd find a fold probably, maybe not if were in ip, but we're not.. :[
Old 08-17-2007, 04:34 PM

i fold... his calling range is huge:
89, 67, 65, 66, 55, 77, JJ+, etc... not to mention Club/Club.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:36 PM

I might call and eval turn, but being oop kinda sucks so a fold is probably best.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:44 PM

Yeah, this sucks. 28/21 has an especially wide range on the button, there are very few hands you are in good shape against and a lot that have you crushed, and you're not likely to get to showdown OOP without paying a bunch of money. Fold and move on. If he's spewy you'll get him later. If he outplayed you this hand BFD.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:49 PM

more importantly, don't donk this flop. it accomplishes nothing.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:54 PM

Alot of TAGS are raising ace-high here, so the donk bet really did nothing but put us in a really sticky spot OOP with no idea where we are in the hand.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
more importantly, don't donk this flop. it accomplishes nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah that donk accomplished putting hero in a bad spot. Playing this hand is not easy. I tend to c/c flop and lead a safe-looking turn but I wouldn't think leading flop with a psb and then folding would be bad. Interested in hearing how others play this.

Prior to the flop action we are ahead of villain's range...how do we cash in on that with a shaky hand oop?
Old 08-17-2007, 05:38 PM

As a follow up, I usually 3 bet this hand pre v someone this loose. Even though we are way ahead of his range, we're still gonna have a hard time making money off of him post flop without hitting a set. Most of the time these guys will fold pre flop.

Even though we're encouraging him to fold the worse hand, it still seems better than playing 99 oop against him. If he calls it isn't that bad. We probably have the best hand and now we have the initiative. If you 3 bet and lead flop he's gonna have to have a lot of gumption to try to move you off your hand with anything less than JJ or a set.

If, as in this case, I haven't played that many hands and I don't want to get too crazy pre flop, then I'm not gonna put in a lot of action post flop.