Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Re: AKo - 0.50/1.00 Stars - River Line

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
c/c here is horrible. if you c/c you might as well c/f because he isnt betting anything here for you that you beat besides a bluff. and it takes a real moron to try and bluff a pfr on this board.

bet the river pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

please to explain what we do if we bet and get raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

fold.

if you bring up a "dont fold tptk for 1 bet on the river" argument I really have to question your handreading ability.

villain is calling your river bet with a lot of hands that you beat (Ax, AT) but wont bet the river himself if you check. thats why you bet. in that same vein he is not raising the river with anything you beat and thus you can easily fold to a raise.

i have a feeling you are going to say something about not folding for one bet. on certain boards, this is true. however, with 3 broadway cards out there vs a pfr, you are virtually never being bluff raised on the river.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
c/c here is horrible. if you c/c you might as well c/f because he isnt betting anything here for you that you beat besides a bluff. and it takes a real moron to try and bluff a pfr on this board.

bet the river pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

usually fold.

if you bring up a "dont fold tptk for 1 bet on the river" argument I really have to question your handreading ability.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have discussed the b/f line with other players and it is totally valid. Though whether it achieves more value than a c/c, I am not totally convinced.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

bet the river pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

usually fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have discussed the b/f line with other players and it is totally valid. Though whether it achieves more value than a c/c, I am not totally convinced.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think he's bluffing you on the river when you check?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:28 PM

:g:

That tiny sample size makes his stats basically irrelevant.
b/c>>>>>c/c>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;>>>c/f
Old 10-23-2007, 02:41 PM

bet/fold in this case is not correct because he misplayed the hand if he raises the river most of the time.

Its well worth one extra bet call to find out what he could play that makes him win on the river.

QJs would be the only holding that follows his line. Maybe A10 for some people makes sense, but I would never cc A10.

As far as WPT NA Championship at Fallsview I was referring to the tourney from last year with 5 Cdns and John Juanda on the final table and one of the 'pros' from Canada had AK 3 times raised it preflop gets reraised preflop and he folds all 3 times. It was on City this weekend. Have no idea if the play schedule is the same for the US or not.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as WPT NA Championship at Fallsview I was referring to the tourney from last year with 5 Cdns and John Juanda on the final table and one of the 'pros' from Canada had AK 3 times raised it preflop gets reraised preflop and he folds all 3 times. It was on City this weekend. Have no idea if the play schedule is the same for the US or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I supervised at the Final Table of the 2006 NAPC. I thought from your post, you were one of the final 6.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:13 PM

LOL no sorry for the misrepresentation. Most I ever won in a MTT is 100 bucks in a freeroll on PS finishing 15th out of 3k.

Have no idea how these guys have the patience and stamina to sit and play for so long, I normally give props to these guys and it was cool seeing 5 Cdns at that tourney make the final but that one guy was embarrassing to watch.

Actually I was at Fallsview the weekend before meeting Wookiee for my first live experience and I saw a lot of guys going for the SnG Two table satellites. The buzz for that was wild I can't imagine how much fun it would ahve been supervising that event.

You should write about it for us.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should write about it for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you my "insider's view" in 2 weeks after this year's North American Poker Championship ends on November 2nd.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:52 PM

* grunch *

c/c is fine IMO. There's a lot of draws there that he could call to the river and even bluff when induced. AF is low but over that sample it can't be trusted much.

Ok, just about every AX is ahead of you now but there's still some FDs or SDs in his cold-call range that would merit a c/c line on the river.

EDIT: ahemm.. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]