Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: AA vs river donk

wtfbbq. I almost want to spray off a raise here just cuz his line is so goofy.

Just call and take a note?
Old 07-27-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Id just call. Hes probably not paying off a raise with anything you beat anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

add to that, he'll make you pay more when he's ahead ... well, unless you fold to a 3bet

his line is really-really weird though ... how do you think this guy sees you here

perhaps he thinks a bluff will have some small chance or he didn't want to c.r with something semi-good on that board and force a fold from you (or get raised and not know what to do)

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably views me as generic TAG. I have been running well at this table.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think my second point has some value (and also agrees with THEHIP) ... this is Kx a lot, and the guy probably doesn't want to push his hand to much in this spot as the board has a lot of drawing potential which has nailed a large majority of raising hand (which you can play hard)

and as THEHIP says: a lot of guys say "I'm gonna bet fold this" - but then call a raise anyway

can you fold AA to a 3bet?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just don't see what he has that I'm losing to. I'm raising this river, and you all know, I am the king of calling down nitdom.

Seriously, he is going to have K-dick here about 1000 percent of the time. And he will plan to bet/fold, then hit bet, then get raised, then go, well, he might not have it, then call (ILP special [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If 3bet, I'm folding. If you can't fold if 3bet, then just call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like J8 97 or T7 could easily play like this, and the J8 might not go aggressive since the board really hits your range, especially when you bet into 3, and 97/T7 really isn't strong on this board. I also feel that Kx will play aggressive on the flop alot since the board is drawy and most people will fastplay draws on this board, so you'll calldown light, or if he failed to do that would donk the turn to avoid giving a free card. It's possible I'm projecting the way I play onto him, but I don't see many TAGs go this limp with Kx when we open this late.

I also think you have to fold to a 3 bet, although it might be tough for some of us to do at the table, which is another reason for calling.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:53 AM

Seems like a pretty easy call (no raise).
I can't put him on a hand that will call your raise that you beat. Maybe if he was overaggressive and you've previously noted BB paying off light then a raise might be in order (but then you just have to payoff his 3 bet).

Just call.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 AM

We know he doesn't have the nuts.

We've got the best hand if this TAG doesn't have one of about 25 possible hands that beat us.

He knows we might have the nuts. Is he betting a weaker holding knowing there are about 26 possible hands that beat him. Maybe he's so taggish he thinks that 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is a perfect bluff card...I think NOT.

Call and lose or estimate his bluff range and call and lose most of the time. If you fold I'd still respect you!