Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Poker Radio

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rounders I think is the best poker show out, I really hope they're big thing goes down and they get some type of deal. They are always up to date with what's going on and have the best interviews. I didn't really start posting on 2+2 until they talked about the AP story. Which was two days after it was first discussed on 2+2. They have been mentioning every week but I can bet 100 dollars the next show will be about the AP scandal and the Void winning the WCOOP main event, especially since they said they would have Vanessa Rouso.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you might be confusing us and another show. I hope we are the ones you think are the best. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The other guys said they were having Rousso. To be honest, I haven't really thought about having her on because of a lot of the stuff talked about here. Not that she cares, obviously.

The big deal we are working on is basically done. Mike and I will be hosting our show here at 2+2.

Can't wait!

Adam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats great Adam. Looking forward to it.

BTW, I'm sure you listen to your shows alot. Observe a couple things. Please ask Mike to just shoot right into the question instead of giving a 20 second lead up. He repeats himself alot. (Stutters sometimes too) This should be improved since you guys have been on for a couple years now. Nevertheless, you guys do a good job and usually on time. Very reliable.

Being on the radio is not easy, but if you do want to improve, listen to veteran DJ's and learn from their interviewing skills. You also don't give yourself enough credit Adam, your interviews when you are on your own have been great.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rounders I think is the best poker show out, I really hope they're big thing goes down and they get some type of deal. They are always up to date with what's going on and have the best interviews. I didn't really start posting on 2+2 until they talked about the AP story. Which was two days after it was first discussed on 2+2. They have been mentioning every week but I can bet 100 dollars the next show will be about the AP scandal and the Void winning the WCOOP main event, especially since they said they would have Vanessa Rouso.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you might be confusing us and another show. I hope we are the ones you think are the best. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The other guys said they were having Rousso. To be honest, I haven't really thought about having her on because of a lot of the stuff talked about here. Not that she cares, obviously.

The big deal we are working on is basically done. Mike and I will be hosting our show here at 2+2.

Can't wait!

Adam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats great Adam. Looking forward to it.

BTW, I'm sure you listen to your shows alot. Observe a couple things. Please ask Mike to just shoot right into the question instead of giving a 20 second lead up. He repeats himself alot. (Stutters sometimes too) This should be improved since you guys have been on for a couple years now. Nevertheless, you guys do a good job and usually on time. Very reliable.

Being on the radio is not easy, but if you do want to improve, listen to veteran DJ's and learn from their interviewing skills. You also don't give yourself enough credit Adam, your interviews when you are on your own have been great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to veteran DJ's... so not only are you awesome at at giving poker advice you know radio really well also. I love how 2+2's know everything.

Seriously, they have been doing it well for two years and I have been loving every minute of it. Adam please don't listen to this clown. Keep doing what your doing.

Sorry about the confusion with Vanessa Rouso, someone said on Rounders Radio, heard there might be another poker radio show out there with the same name but, just thought they were getting it confused.

Will it go straight to podcast on Sunday or will we still have to wait 2-3 days?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is true. Haralbob and I are going to be joining forces for a weekly poker talk show at Barry and Joe's new site. The show is based out of L.A. and will have nothing to do with poker strategy and everything to do with scandals, and other assorted scuttlebut from around the poker world, which god knows, is way more interesting than listening to a possibly losing tourney pro talk about how to play ace-king (they are lying anyway).

I'm hoping to lean on this forum a lot. And Bob and I already have. We have booked a regular 2p2er for our first show to talk about the AP scandal. Without giving away too much else about the show, let's just say: Bob and I will not be holding our tongues. After a week or so we will be streaming live, and taking live calls. Hopefully people will want to get involved.

Check the site on sunday for the first show and contact information.

Also, in response to the above post, there are three shows. The two listed above, and one with Joe Stapleton and myself, called TwoJacksintheHole - not poker related at all. Just us talking a lot of S, and cracking jokes.

-Huff

p.s. although it says this is my first post, i have been a semi active member of the 2p2 community since my sophomore year in college in '01. Under a different name, obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be the best thing I've heard in ages.

The Haralobos and his 50/50 rule was up there as the funniest stuff I heard on the circuit/pokerwire podcasts with the Eugene Todd interview.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:11 PM

euguene todd bro.

can the dumpster donkey please answer the question???
will these shows be available to download to podcast? i`m in england and the time difference will make it hard to listen to live broadcasts.
btw i`m not gay but the thought of having you guys back makes me happy inside. tytytytytyvm
Old 10-19-2007, 09:47 PM

Podcast may take a few days after the first show is posted, but an on demand player on the Big Poker Sundays page will be available immediately. Live streaming will be available starting in a few weeks.

Call in between 7p-8p PST on Sunday nights at 1-866-925-8255 (even when the show is not live, you will be talking to us live) or email the show at bps@pokerroad.com.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:55 PM

thanks huff
great news, btw is your girlfriend ok with the steaming donkey coming out of retirement?
eugine todd bro!!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:08 PM

Hahah. The donkey is still "semi"-retired from PLAYING the game of poker. I just still happen to be able to talk sh!t on the mic.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TwoJacksintheHole - not poker related at all. Just us talking a lot of S, and cracking jokes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to listen to your old 2 jacks podcasts. Hilarious. Can't wait for this stuff to ge off the ground. Good luck.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:04 AM

I agree about 2 jacks. That [censored] is funnier than anything on tv. I was very disappointed when you guys decided to take 6 months off.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:38 AM

Huffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!