Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Re: August Low-Content Thread

Too bad i missed u guys, hope u run like me in the 1/2. +25k in 3 sessions [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 05:44 AM

I don't even play limit hold'em and this thread has become my favorite on 2+2.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I win 2 racks for 1st time in 3 months. Its on now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won 2 racks in the 30 today for the first time in 3 weeks but I'm pretty sure I've played 4x the hours you have so yeah die in a fire.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I win 2 racks for 1st time in 3 months. Its on now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won 2 racks in the 30 today for the first time in 3 weeks but I'm pretty sure I've played 4x the hours you have so yeah die in a fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I hate Texas Hold 'em so its hard for me to play for long. I did put in a 12 hr session yesterday. Would've put in a longer session today, but the game wasn't that great and didn't want to waste the running good. Monday was the best 5 handed 15-30 game in Canterbury history.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:36 AM

This is so depressing. Downswing approaching 30k. -5k more in a shorthanded 40 with Overs session with Crazy Mike. Won 1 showdown and then 2 tiny pots uncontested. Game started off with a bang with Mike being BB first hand me raising first in with AJo in 4 handed game. He calls without looking at his cards. He checks dark I bet dark he calls dark and checks turn dark (he still hasn't looked at his cards). Flop Q42r. Turn Jack. He c/c and tells me he can river me still. River A he c/r and has 53.

The coup de grace that let me get up from the table was tight player opens CO, Mike 3bets blind from sb, I cap AK, CO calls, Mike calls. Flop K66 two clubs I bet, CO raises, Mike is out, I 3bet he calls. Turn A club I bet he calls. River 6 I bet he raises I give him all my money 9h6h wins. I am out of United States Dollars and try to get Mike to buy one of my Commerce chips because I was planning to drive up as soon as Crazy Mike got felted at Ocean's. He doesn't want pink chips and offers to lend me money, and as pitiful of a state as I am in I am still not desperate enough to be borrowing money after losing five thousand [censored] dollars in a 40 game in less than 3 hours.

So I guess I'm not going up to Commerce until tomorrow unless I am blessed with a nice peaceful death in my sleep tonight. I was honestly pretty pumped up again tonight and ready to start winning again, unfortunately I keep getting excited about how things are going to turn around and they just keep getting worse. I really don't even feel like going any more but I have less than 10k cash now and I'm going to be too broke to have it be worth my while to drive up to Commerce soon so I may as well get rid of my chips and turn them into money that I can throw away to the retards at Ocean's instead.

I think my favorite part of tonight is when after about 2 hours I am stuck a rack when I was only in for 2 so I bought 3 more because I was bored and wanted to have more chips in front of me than Mike. I can honestly say that I did not expect to have $0 in front of me 1 hour later. The hands I lost today weren't even really of the beat variety, more of the make a huge hand and give someone else an even better hand and have it rammed up my ass in a shorthanded game cooler variety. If I don't win on this Commerce trip I think I may just stay home the rest of the summer and play 10/20 HU until I lose like 90% of my online money too so that I have to move down to $2/4 stud 8 or something else absurd.

*edit*
What time should I leave San Diego tomorrow (aka later today) to not get stuck in traffic going north?

And Tyler/Sam/whoever's account it is, where have you guys been the past couple weeks? I saw Sam once and that's it. I wanna play some Badugi or Chinese because I don't think I can go broke at $3/point
Old 08-08-2007, 10:03 AM

I MISS COMM :X
Old 08-08-2007, 10:50 AM

It is not looking to good for me to meet up with you guys at commerce. If you need cash for oceans I can trade you for a pink or 2. PM me and I will tell you where I live.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:56 PM

I'll be at Commerce tomorrow-Sunday playing mostly 20-40, but some 30-60 or 40-80 too, depending. I'm the dude with the Lord of the Rings card protector, which inevitably leads to a slew of "is that Jesus?" questions. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Flights gets in tomorrow at 7:30, so I figure we'll be at Commerce by 8:30 and at the tables by 9-9:30.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*edit*
What time should I leave San Diego tomorrow (aka later today) to not get stuck in traffic going north?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you take the 5 the whole way then there is always traffic about 5-10 exits before the commerce. It actually probably only slows you down about 15 minutes but it seems worse for whatever reason.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
13 racks in one day at the Commerce 40-80 on Friday was pretty cool.

Also, hitting quads three times on Saturday, and getting action on all of them. Also in the Commerce 40 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude's quads hands were insane.

In one of them, he had TT in the SB and flopped the other TT. He leads out and gets raised by this lady in the BB who was kind of tilting. Dude 3-bets, lady 4-bets, and Dude actually 5-bets his quads. She calls him down. (I think most of us wouldn't be able to resist just calling the 4-bet and checkraising the turn, but Dude realized she was 4-betting for a free card).

Then he had JJ and flopped JJA. There was some flop action and the turn brought a third spade. I think Dude checked behind. The river was a 4th spade. The villain bet, Dude raised, villain 3-bet, Dude 4-bets (the river! with quads! in 40/80!) and villain actually CALLS the 4-bet with KK (and the Ks for the "nut" flush).

Why can't I get this kind of action...
Closed Thread