Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 05:52 PM

Default AJo TPTK 200bb deep, what\'s my line?

Villain has been playing aggro, hasn't shown down any hands. I've been at the table for a while, folding to reraises because I haven't been catching any cards. On the flop, I'm sure my hand is best, on the turn...I'm lost. What's my line?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $49.05</font>
BB: $46.35
UTG: $62.50
MP: $26.40
CO: $23.20
BTN: $58.45

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $1, Hero calls $0.90, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($3.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, MP folds, BTN calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($9.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $16.25</font>, Hero?

<font color="black">River:</font> ($41.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Should I c/c turn rather than lead into villain? As played should I call, raise, shove, or fold? I'll post my turn action in a bit and add the river. This hand confused the heck out of me. Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: AJo TPTK 200bb deep, what\'s my line?

I can't really think of a good answer to this, but I want this bumped back to the front page so someone else can comment. Depending on how aggro he is, this can be a confusing spot.

I want to say c/c the turn, but then we're stuck with another tough decision. after he raises on the turn here, I think the baluga theory may apply, and we have to let this go. QJ is the only hand he could be doing this with that makes sense that you beat. JT, TT, 99, and 55 all make sense here too. he may even have Q8 or KQ.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:24 PM

bets piece of advice i ever recieved --&gt; don't fall in love with tptk

by the way, checking this turn is not a good thing bcs of the drawy nature of the board, yatta yatta yatta.
so ya, bet 6.5, fold to the raise.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:19 PM

Maybe it's just me, but fold preflop. Sure you have a villain that is aggressive, but you have a "top-pair" hand and you're 200 bbs deep OUT OF POSITION against a really aggressive opponent. What part of this sounds good about calling here? I prefer 3-bet squeezing rather than calling here, but I like folding above all.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just me, but fold preflop. Sure you have a villain that is aggressive, but you have a "top-pair" hand and you're 200 bbs deep OUT OF POSITION against a really aggressive opponent. What part of this sounds good about calling here? I prefer 3-bet squeezing rather than calling here, but I like folding above all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I like a fold pf as well. Oop AJo is just a sucky hand. And turn is an insta-fold.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:49 PM

3bet &gt; fold &gt; call preflop.

I'd switch 3bet and fold if our hag opponent is actually good.