Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 06:58 PM

Default AQh floated flop, what\'s my turn action?

No real reads of villain as I've just sat down at the table. I felt like if I hit either an ace of queen on the turn, I would have the best hand. I might even have had the best hand on the flop. Anyways, here it is:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $12.45
BB: $30.15
UTG: $46.95
CO: $27.60
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $30.35</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($4.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2</font>, Hero?

What's my turn action given the way things played out? As a separate question, would you act differently on the flop (fold or raise)? I was really lost in this hand. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: AQh floated flop, what\'s my turn action?

A donk into your raises means strength. but to find out i would have raised him to lets say 3-4$ on the flop if called your getting a free showdown most of the time. if reraised just fold, my opinion.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:05 PM

You have two choices here: raise or fold. Then again, I'd have done that on the flop...either raise or fold.

That said, you floated the flop, so might as well raise here to about $7 and fold to a reraise, obviously.

But calling with just overs on a dry flop vs an unknown is bad.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:38 PM

Raise flop, push turn.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:43 PM

why would u raise preflop? dont you want to draw more people in with a hand like this? when you raise i think your looking to win a small pot not stacks. i like calling here preflop. i would just call the raise on the turn hope to hit a good card on the rive.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would u raise preflop? dont you want to draw more people in with a hand like this? when you raise i think your looking to win a small pot not stacks. i like calling here preflop. i would just call the raise on the turn hope to hit a good card on the rive.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao @ you
Old 04-22-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is this. raise preflop obv

raise to $3 on the flop, as stated earlier villain's flop donk indicates strength and you want to stay in control of the action. as played it is raise or fold on turn also, this would depend on your read of the villain, I would probably raise to $6-7
Old 04-22-2007, 10:05 PM

Some villians donk it up on paired boards because they don't believe your overcards hit; I think raising an unknown's donk bet on a paired board basically represents an overpair and makes the hand easier to play.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:53 AM

just call the turn bet, villain is giving us odds to hit our flush, you don't want to raise and then get shoved over, pushing us off our draw. we are only drawing dead against a boat, which is unlikely.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EL OH EL

Please raise everytime