Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 08:10 PM

Default KJo flop OESD, turn OESD + 2nd nut FD

I need help playing turned combo draws! I'm really lost when I play them, and I'm basically hemorrhaging money because of them. Villain is 13.89/8.33 over 72 hands.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $29.35</font>
BB: $24.45
UTG: $4.30
MP: $25.25
CO: $10.95
BTN: $24.60

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, CO calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25, 2 folds, CO calls $1.25

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($5) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)

Hero?

Comments on flop and turn would be appreciated greatly.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: KJo flop OESD, turn OESD + 2nd nut FD

bump, help please
Old 05-15-2007, 10:31 PM

Bet the flop. Fire the turn. Fold to a raise on the turn?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:22 AM

This seems like a pretty bad spot to semi-bluff the flush draw. There are two opponents in the hand. The button could have easily bet a flush draw because they are in position. The other scenario is that cutoff could have called with the flush draw and already hit it on the turn.
One of these scenarios is very highly likely because 5 people saw the flop.
So, the fold equity you have with the hand (the real value of the hand) is small in this multiway pot. I am checking the turn and at most calling a $1 bet to hit my flush.
If only 2 people saw the flop I wouldnt mind firing the turn for 2/3 to 3/4 the pot to represent the flush, but multiway I play it slowly for reasons stated above.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:58 AM

IMO, you should consider changing your preflop play. KJo is a hand that can cause you a lot of problems OOP, especially in an unraised pot. This is an ugly spot, but there are many others that could have been equally problematic. What do you do if you flop TPDK and someone raises your donk bet, etc, etc, etc? With three limpers i'm either raising big (~$2) or folding. As played, the BTN has bet pot at a 2 to a flush board and you have the worst relative and absolute position. You are not getting odds to call, especially considering that 2 of your outs may not be good (9c, Ac). Fold the flop.