Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Caught Cheating--What to do?

New to forum, joined mainly to ask this question at bottom:

Heres the situation:

This is a $100 min. buy in cash game NL hold em. Most people buy in for $100-$300. If there isnt a full table, the dealer plays. (There is a full time dealer who gets a cut of the rake from the host of the game, who also plays; but no one has ever objected to the dealer playing.)

I know for a FACT, 100%, that this dealer is cheating. Once, while involved in a big pot with him, I made a big bet on the river, after long contemplation he folded, I mucked, then while gathering up the cards to reshuffle, he glimpsed my cards (KK). Also, Ive noticed that after every break, he wins a huge hand and the loser of this huge hand is ALWAYS in seat 3. He'll flop a set against AA or he'll have a FH against the nut Flush. He is also very proficient in handling cards. I dont think anyone else has noticed or caught on, but Im CERTAIN of whats going on.

The ONLY reason I didnt call him out instantly is I have no proof. It would only be his word against mine. Also, I dont know if the host is in on the scam. The host is a moron who sucks at poker, so he could be taken advantage of by this dealer who he thinks is a friend, or he could be in on it,...I just dont know.

So what should I do? I really want to take this to physical confrontation, but I want to know if the host is in on it first? Does anyone know of a way of finding out if the host is in on the fix? (other than asking him because if hes not in on it, he wont believe me and I cant prove it, but if he is he'll just lie.

What would you do? I AM NOT GONNA LET THIS GO UNCHECKED, that is not an option....ideas?
Old 08-14-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Caught Cheating--What to do?

Bring a gun to the next game. If seat three loses a big pot to him, point it at the dealer and ask him if he's cheating. You'll get your answer.

Don't play in the game anymore.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:14 PM

I would seriously just not go play anymore, but if that doesn't suit you I guess you could tell the guy in seat 3 what you think is happening and get him in on the information. If he is aware and then goes to the host and tells his concerns well then maybe you have a case. If the host doesn't seem to care or gets defensive he might be in on it. I would still say just don't go to that game anymore.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:25 PM

1. Intently watch the way he shuffles and deals. Make a statement in the middle of a deal that you saw a certain card and ask for a redeal.

2. Make him change set-ups or wash the cards before every deal. I would definitely make him do it after the break.

3. If he refuses, then leave.

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2007, 08:38 PM

Let seat 3 know what is going on, and when you come back after the break tell seat 3 to fold his monster after he made the hand and keep an eye on the dealer and see what his reaction is. if the goes absolutely mental its guaranteed he’s cheating.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tell seat 3 to fold his monster after he made the hand and keep an eye on the dealer and see what his reaction is. if the goes absolutely mental its guaranteed he’s cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lays down a monster. Should have paid me off on that. The [censored] you lay that down?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would you do? I AM NOT GONNA LET THIS GO UNCHECKED, that is not an option....ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor should you.

I would loudly fold ON THE FLOP, especially if you have a decent hand (or a huge hand, if you have the balls for it) and say "no point in playing, dealer's going to beat seat #3 anyway, since we're back from break"

HAS to be after cards are dealt and action occurs preflop- don't give him a chance to bail.

Then, don't plan on playing there ever again.... because you won't be allowed to

BTW- misleading title, you didn't "catch" anyone cheating, other than the peek.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. Make him change set-ups or wash the cards before every deal. I would definitely make him do it after the break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would insist on cutting the cards and using a three- or four- stack leapfrog cut, if the dealer is playing in the hand. That will solve some of the problems.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:55 AM

sit in seat 3. get a piece of paper and write something to the effect of you are going to get a cooler this hand. out him infront of everyone.

alternatively, tell him you know and he is going to give you half his profit every night or you'll have everyone kick his ass.

sounds to me like the guy running things probably doesn't know. but if you want to find out and he is a life donk it should be pretty easy.

go to guy and say, so what did you do today and he looks up and to the right and answers and everything is fine, and then you say what you did today.. got back from beating the hell out of a guy who was running a shady game of poker. okay that's too harsh, maybe something like, 'you think anyone ever gets away with cheating here? i was reading about all these ways people cheat'

if he is nervous and especially if he now glances up and to the left, he knows.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:05 AM

object to the dealer playing, or deal from a blackjack shoe.