Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Dealers that are.....

to short to reach around the table.

Whilst playing at the 1/2 NL tables at the Imperial Palace this weekend (I know, that was my first mistake) - I can't tell you how many dealers there, couldn't reach around the table to grab cards and chips.

It was driving me crazy - sorry, but I'm playing poker here, trying to relax with my Scotch and enjoy my weekend away. I expect to get dealers that can actually run a game without constantly asking people to push cards or chips closer so they can reach them. They need to be tipping me.

Does this bug anyone else???
Old 08-27-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Dealers that are.....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrogant twits who can't toss their cards or chip more than 3mm toward the dealer?

Yes, those inconsiderate boobs do bug me. Unless they have ALS, or some other affliction. I am sure you have a doctor's slip explaining why you have zero strength to expend while playing poker.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:45 PM

I forget where, but one time I had a short woman dealer. At the beginning of her shift she asked us (very nicely too) to push our cards/chips where she could reach them.

Two hands later when she had to ask again she ran her finger over the felt to leave a mark as far as she could reach. AHHHH… then we all used it like a betting line.

The following dealers also got an easy reach cause we all still kept our cards & chips forward of the line.

Hey, no problem.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrogant twits who can't toss their cards or chip more than 3mm toward the dealer?

Yes, those inconsiderate boobs do bug me. Unless they have ALS, or some other affliction. I am sure you have a doctor's slip explaining why you have zero strength to expend while playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT 100%
Old 08-27-2007, 07:53 PM

If you have a gripe because dealers have short arms...you've got far bigger issues than poker
Old 08-27-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:07 PM

Are you talking about IP in Vegas?

I haven't played at IP in a long time (in fact since they moved downstairs). But the last time I played the tables were so large that there are no dealers who can reach around them. I have a pretty good wing span but I would hate to deal on those tables.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you talking about IP in Vegas?

I haven't played at IP in a long time (in fact since they moved downstairs). But the last time I played the tables were so large that there are no dealers who can reach around them. I have a pretty good wing span but I would hate to deal on those tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are in fact the largest tables in town with some funky squared off corners instead of being rouded. Sahara's are quite large too, they will play 12 handed in tournaments.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

no f'ing kidding.

I try to place the chips out there far enough.
I don't put the chips all the way into the damn pot of course. But I try to leave them far enough out there so that the dealer doesn't have to dive across the table to reach it.

It just seems like common courtesy.

People who can't figure out to do this with their chips and cards strike me as being similar to sitting at dinner with some guy and asking him to pass the pepper and him just moving it 1 inch closer to me so that I still can't reach it without having to dive across him.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with people who can't figure out that they should be doing this?
One or two times not figuring out is somewhat excuseable.

But to continue to place your chips and cards that far out of reach after seeing that the dealer can't possibly reach it is just bizarrely inconsiderate.

I've sat next to guys who place the chips barely 2 inches in front of them and then just leave it there.
Sometime I nudge their bet forward for them when the time comes for the dealer to collect them or I kind of wait for the dealer to ask and even then I sometimes kind of do it for them because they are just clueless and somehow still don't see that the dealer is struggling to reach it.

After the dealer asks freaking once anyone with 2 brain-cells should get the idea that it's a fairly large table and not everyone is 6'4".

God people that don't place their chips further out who should otherwise be perfectly capable of doing so drive me nuts. Makes me really want to take all their money just because they suck at life so much. And normally I don't get such competitive juices at the table.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to short to reach around the table.

Whilst playing at the 1/2 NL tables at the Imperial Palace this weekend (I know, that was my first mistake) - I can't tell you how many dealers there, couldn't reach around the table to grab cards and chips.

It was driving me crazy - sorry, but I'm playing poker here, trying to relax with my Scotch and enjoy my weekend away. I expect to get dealers that can actually run a game without constantly asking people to push cards or chips closer so they can reach them. They need to be tipping me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am on the floor just call me over. I will show you the mark and put some tape on the table so you dont' forget where to put your card. It isn't that hard, jsut put your chips and cards where the dealer can reach them.