Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2006, 05:49 PM

Default A little different 350bb POT @ 200nl.

This hand needs some extra information otherwise my play seems completely donkish overplaying of bottom 2 pair with this board.

Information about villain:
He once slowplayed his 45off on a K44 board. The action went like this. I raise, he calls preflop. I bet the flop with KQ, he calls, turn brings 7 & backdoor FD. I check, he checks. (there was punch of callers preflop so the pot was quite big after my flop bet and I didnt know anything about the guy and decided to maybe pot controll abit on turn, well he checked behind) River brings 6 and the backdoor FD completes. Someone with KXs could have flush. I check the river because his play seems fishy (yeah weak) He bets half of the pot, I call. I dont like the way I played this hand, i definetly should have bet the turn. OH well.

So to the exact hand. I feel that he will slowplay his big hands because of the previous hands. So after he min raises me on flop, I feel like i have to protect my hand which can easily be outdrawn. So I 3bet and he instacalled. That basicly gave me information that he definetly didn't have monster because he called so fast he wasn't even thinking about raising. At this point I put him on maybe Q and big club. Like KQ or AQ. or even AA or KK.

The hands he might have that have me beat are Q6, Q7 and maybe QQ. But I had a huuge feeling I had the best hand on turn. So theres 170$ in the pot and I have 270$. If I bet 150$ IM commited and might even give him some impliedd odds if he's completely idiot and calls me with just Ac or something. So I decide to push.

I wont tell what hand he had but he thought till the last second and called.

The question will he call me with worse hands on turn is reasonable but I felt the pot odds and everyhinng obligated me to push the turn. Comments Will be apreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

BB ($356)
UTG ($158.90)
MP ($234.70)
CO ($191.15)
Button ($33)
Hero ($362.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($16) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $28</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $78</font>, BB calls $50.

Turn: ($172) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $276.25 (All-In)</font>, BB calls $270 (All-In).

River: ($718.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $718.25
Old 12-16-2006, 06:16 PM

Default Re: A little different 350bb POT @ 200nl.

how can pot odds obligate you to push?
Old 12-16-2006, 06:20 PM

do you realize your odds against KK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or AA[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or QK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] are not very good on the flop? do you realize that playing a big pot here means you often lose? do you realize that sometimes people slow play hands in some spots but not in others and that dumping almost two buyins because of one hand isn't always solid?
Old 12-16-2006, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how can pot odds obligate you to push?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ment I either have to slowdown on turn or go full ahead. I decided to go full ahead and betting pot would mean committing myself so pushing is pretty much the same thing.

By pot odds i ment the odds im giving him if he has the worse hand. And if i have the best hand i need to commit myself on turn. And i felt i had the best hand
Old 12-16-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you realize your odds against KK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or AA[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or QK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] are not very good on the flop? do you realize that playing a big pot here means you often lose? do you realize that sometimes people slow play hands in some spots but not in others and that dumping almost two buyins because of one hand isn't always solid?

[/ QUOTE ]

After I 3bet him on flop and he called I got this information. I didn't get it when there was no action. And after I got the information. It was on turn with 170$ in the pot. U think I should have slowed down on turn and make weak bet or check ? Or not 3bet the flop ? Curious how u would have played it. I knew exactly where I was against those hands u mentioned on turn. When the flop came I didnt know exactly what he had even after he min raised. But after he called the raise, thats where I could narrow his range down.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:27 PM

let me try again. don't 3-bet the flop. you are flipping with just about ANYTHING that calls, getting absolutely crushed by a lot of it. unless you are 100% sure he calls a push on a blank turn with every big [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] type hand he has, this is just a bad 3-bet.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:29 PM

flop 3bet and turn push are total spew. I call the flop raise and lead blank turns.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let me try again. don't 3-bet the flop. you are flipping with just about ANYTHING that calls, getting absolutely crushed by a lot of it. unless you are 100% sure he calls a push on a blank turn with every big [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] type hand he has, this is just a bad 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I dont 3bet the flop, should I lead the turn ? I think thats the only reasonable play against this guy if I dont 3bet the flop.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:33 PM

K i have got enough information, calling the raise and leading turn would have been the best play. The guy had KQ with King of clubs. My play worked this time nicely but yeah I played it hyper aggressive.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:38 PM

Um... your only 150BB deep