Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2006, 02:53 AM

Default Quality of play in WSOP

In his Card Player bust out interview Daniel Negreanu said this was the weakest field he had ever played in. I am curious as to what other 2+2'ers who played in the event felt the quality of play was comparable to in terms of some of the regular online tourneys. (Stars Million, Party Million, Dise 150K, Stuper, etc)
Old 08-06-2006, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Quality of play in WSOP

From what I've heard, the 10c $50 added is more what you're looking for.

I'd guess easier than the millions.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:14 AM

1) It doesn't speak highly of his play is he can beat the weakest field ever at WSOP ME.

2) WSOP ME is k1nd of the All-Star game for online poker, since 90% of the field got in on the internet.

Would you agree that the WSOP ME has the best online tournament players?
Old 08-06-2006, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) It doesn't speak highly of his play is he can beat the weakest field ever at WSOP ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER KILLING YOURSELF

OR AT LEAST QUITTING THIS FORUM
Old 08-06-2006, 03:17 AM

Last I checked...this is America. I know most poker players can't handle the concept of free speech.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:19 AM

There were a lot of weak players early on and some well-publicized instances of complete terribleness. But three out of five tables I sat at were among the toughest I've played. One had two WSOP bracelet winners and this morning there were at least three 50-100 NL players at my table. I think it's more like all of the dead money turns it into a 2000-person, multi-million dollar freeroll where you have to compete against some of the best players in the world.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:08 AM

I don't think the main event can be easily categorized as easier or harder than an online tourney, just way different. I think play was way more weak-tight in this main event than in an online tournament. I think players who excel at online tournaments can have their style translate very well to the main event. I played a while with one of the chipleaders, Kyle, and his tournament game reminded me a lot of a very average stars tourney player, however, his game was absolutely dominant compared to most maine event competition.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last I checked...this is America. I know most poker players can't handle the concept of free speech.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the Internet, not America.
But yes, free speach does allow you to say/post something completely stupid. It also allows others to tell you how stupid you are.
Yay! The system works!
Old 08-06-2006, 10:50 AM

thought it was very similar to one of the on-line millions - early there were your fair share of donks like the first hour + of an online tourney. after that it got a lot tougher (at least for me). day 2 i was sitting at a table of hoyt corkins, men the master, ken jacobs and at least one other pro - hardly an easy table.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:54 AM

I played in one of the prelim events last week, and probably 4-5 people at my table had absolutely no chance. Not sure if they won seats or just bought in, but they got completely ran over. Reraising preflop, insta-fold on the flop. Numerous things like that. I was shocked at some of the play I say for a $1,500 event. I couldn't imagine the ME.