Button ($176.70)
SB ($128.75)
Hero ($98)
UTG ($104.30)
UTG+1 ($54.35)
MP1 ($138.65)
MP2 ($28.50)
MP3 ($72.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $3, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12.5</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls $9.50.

Flop: ($29.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, Button calls $25.

Turn: ($79.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $60.5 (All-In)</font>

I have been playing very solid as usual, showing only good hands at this table. I spotted a place to make a move on this hand. MP2 calls first, and MP3 raises to 3$ which he has done alot and with very weak hands. Button calls 3$ and he is playing very loose, calling alot of pots with weak hands. I saw my opportunity to mix it up, made a raise to 12.5$.. 9.5$ more to call for the button and mp3, maybe I should have raised more ? Well the MP3 folded as planned but the button called, which wasn't too big of a suprise for me.

Flop comes and is pretty interesting, I know many times I just take it right here with that flop. So I bet strong 25$, Button insta calls. Insta calls was clear to me, he has a weak ace or a big club. Thats my read here. So theres +70$ in the pot.. I have 60 left, button covers.. I need to get a fold almost 50% of the time if I push. I think its close because he is a loose and maybe alittle calling machine. Well Still I decided to bluff...

Overall what do u think of this play?
Old 07-18-2006, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Making a move, 100NL

Old 07-18-2006, 09:24 AM

I don't like making these kinds of plays with trashy hands, but whatever floats your boat.

I think the pf raise size is fine, and the flop bet size is fine, but I think you need to give it up on the turn, especially because the board has paired.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like making these kinds of plays with trashy hands, but whatever floats your boat.

I think the pf raise size is fine, and the flop bet size is fine, but I think you need to give it up on the turn, especially because the board has paired.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the turn is a good card for me.. since it mostlikely didnt help him, it doesnt make it easier for him to call me with rag A or big club. And about making these moves, like I said my image is solid and even if I loose this hand, it might make me some money later on because my play was so sick. And if this is works, I show it and make him tilt for sure and after that, the table might be a goldmine for me and my solid play and pair of aces in the hole.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:34 AM

I don't think the turn card is a good card for you, is he really stupid enough to think you bet near-pot with bottom pair?

Intuitively, I don't think future implied odds are great enough to justify your preflop play. Maybe someone more respected than me can correct me, or if I'm right, say why.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Intuitively, I don't think future implied odds are great enough to justify your preflop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite sure what you mean here - this type of squeeze play is justified based on the potential to steal the pot preflop or on the flop. It's also good for your table image.

This is a bad spot though, it's FR and someone opened from MP, your hand rly sucks and it's 100NL, where people tend not to respect reraises. If someone aggro had opened from CO/Button and gotten a caller then I might squeeze with this.

Turn, give it up. He's not going to fold often enough here and your fd is often no good.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the turn card is a good card for you, is he really stupid enough to think you bet near-pot with bottom pair?

Intuitively, I don't think future implied odds are great enough to justify your preflop play. Maybe someone more respected than me can correct me, or if I'm right, say why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean the 3 is a OK card for me since it doesn't HELP him to make my all in call. It doesnt mean that he is scared of me having trips, it just doesn't help his situation one bit. About the implied odds, I dont play the Q7 to hit anything with my implied odds, im making a move to win the pot without ever improving. implied odds isnt a factor for me in this hand.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn, give it up. He's not going to fold often enough here and your fd is often no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I often should give it up here, but then another question arises, if I check fold this on turn, it might not make any difference to my image at the table since they dont see my holdings. I might not benefit later on for losing this hand if I muck. If I push I can benefit from this hand many ways
Old 07-18-2006, 09:49 AM

I meant in the future, as in other hands. I misused the term implied odds, my bad. but I default to jam on this.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
classic.