Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:23 PM

Default OT: STTF Werewolf Interest/Sign-up Thread

These games have been a lot of fun in the past. There has not been one in a while but for some reason I've got an itch that needs to be scratched so let's get a game going!!

For those that don't know the rules read below or check out the link to the POG FAQ for more info.

Here are the basics (taken from Durron's sticky in POG here

[ QUOTE ]
The Basic Rules of Werewolf

Overview:
The citizens of a small village (often named Pogglesworth, but up to the game's moderator) one morning wake up to discover that there are werewolves in their town! If something is not done, the entire village population will be eaten!

Teams:
There are two teams, werewolves and villagers. In the standard game on werewolf side there are the werewolves. They all know each other, and may communicate with each other at night (see below). On the villager side you have the villagers, the seer, and sometimes the angel or other roles (see below). The werewolves win by eliminating enough people so that they make up half of the players in the game. The villagers win by eliminating all the werewolves.

Turn Structure - The game alternates between two phases, a Day phase and a Night Phase:

* Day Phase - During the day, the village gets together to discuss and decide who might be a werewolf! Everyone votes who they think is a werewolf (votes may be changed at any time during the day). If someone gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Also, sometimes there is a time limit in place, in which case who ever has the most votes at the end of the day is lynched instead. Some games do not immediately end the day when a majority is reached, and instead only rely on the time limit.

* Night Phase - During the night phase, the werewolves decide who they are going to eat! They are allowed to communicate privately outside the main thread to make this decision. Normally werewolves are not allowed to communicate privately during the day. Also, anyone with a special role (such as seer or angel) gets to act during the night as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's also links to the three previous STTF WW games in the POG faq.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: OT: STTF Werewolf Interest/Sign-up Thread

weee im in though im having a really hard time understanding the rules. where's the Finnish FAQ?
Old 10-16-2007, 01:42 PM

I played this a lot live.
Can't imagine to play over the net tho, but I'm generally interested.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:46 PM

Beware: If you play, you will be addicted & play every possible game on POG for the rest of your life.

I'm in ftw, ldo.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:04 PM

I should say, I don't really have an interest in being the mod, I'd rather play [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was thinking just a regular game of WW w/a seer and maybe an angle depending on how much interest there is.

As for game length, I was thinking of leaving sign-up open through today and hopefully getting a game going tomorrow that would last Wed-Fri and maybe into Saturday but I don't have any experience in planning any of that so maybe somebody with more experience could chime in.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:18 PM

I think I understand the rules, but there is one concept I do not grasp: How is this fun?
Old 10-16-2007, 02:20 PM

I'm in.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:25 PM

in
Old 10-16-2007, 06:30 PM

We can probably get somebody to run the game if Durron isn't around or if he wants to play. I'll check on it.

I think we should set the start date for about next Monday.

Everyone who doesn't know, it will last at least that week and probably the next depending on how many we have.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I understand the rules, but there is one concept I do not grasp: How is this fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go read some of the classic game threads in POG.
Closed Thread