Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 08:26 AM

Default NL25: 99 with 2 aces on turn

<font color="blue">I kept getting pocket 9s last night and I was getting killed with them. I always raise with them and I generally cbet. Is that a too aggressive approach? </font>

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $24.75
BB: $36.10
UTG: $43.65
Hero (UTG+1): $38.35
MP1: $9.00
MP2: $8.05
CO: $23.75
BTN: $33.05

Reads: <font color="blue">No read on villan, he only played a couple of orbs.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 3 folds, BTN calls $1.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, BTN calls $2.00

<font color="blue">I figured if I cbet and get raised, then I could just fold. I mean, just because an ace hit, villan doesn't have to have an ace right? </font>

Turn: ($6.35) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, BTN calls $3.00

<font color="blue">The second ace, in my view, villan is less likely to have an ace. But I still wanted to keep the pot small so I bet roughly 1/2. I was not comfortable when villan called. </font>

River: ($12.35) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3.50</font>

<font color="blue">I called earlier in a similar situation and villan showed an over pair. In this case, I was not sure if villan was making a value bet or bluffing. Even if villan did not have an ace he still could have a queen. I elected to fold but am not so sure if I did the right thing. Any critism or thought would be greatly appreciated. </font>
Old 08-03-2007, 08:53 AM

Default Re: NL25: 99 with 2 aces on turn

What range of hands do you put him on when he calls the flop?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:57 AM

Check/fold turn...
Old 08-03-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/fold turn...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-03-2007, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I generally give people too much credit. But in this case, since villan did not rr and was in LP. He can have AT to Ax, KQ, QJ, 9T, or some low pp.

Again, I had a feeling he did not have an ace. But the queen bothered me. But with three over cards I really should have check/fold the turn.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I generally give people too much credit. But in this case, since villan did not rr and was in LP. He can have AT to Ax, KQ, QJ, 9T, or some low pp.

Again, I had a feeling he did not have an ace. But the queen bothered me. But with three over cards I really should have check/fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't even take it that far. Without a read on him I would assume he has at least a pair. If he has a pair it probably is a pair of A's and then Q's in that order. If would think he would call with 33 on that board. So once he calls the flop you are behind almost all of his range on this board so the turn is an easy c/f readless.

I am guessing that this feeling you are having that he doesn't have an A is just you REALLY wanting him to not have an A so that you can WIN THIS HAND. It is just showing itself as a feeling. You don't have any reason to believe this guy is playing with you with K high or even KJ/KT often enough for you to put more money in.