Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
About importing hands to PT3. Currently PT2 reads the hh's from party and moves the processed hands to a folder. Do these processed files contain all the information needed, meaning I just import all of these processed hands to PT3 and I'm set?

Another thing would be B2B (24h network) support. Maybe something for the future...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, those processed files will import fine into PT3. As for new sites, we will be adding support for existing PT2 sites in PT3 before looking into adding new sites.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good work guys, cant wait for this to come out! will we be charged for mac versions (ie if we buy PT3 for PC, while waiting for the mac version to come out, should i just hold off)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your single registration will be good for PC and/or Mac. So you can buy the PC version and when the Mac version is available, use the same code (your license will allow you to run it on two computers you own).
Old 11-29-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Release Schedule
Private Alpha: By November 30th
Public Beta: 2-3 weeks after Alpha
Final Release: The beginning of 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting excited about this...

I hope I'm in the private beta [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Release Schedule

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope I'm in the private beta [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has exciting implications.

I am so dead from poker lately that I would love to take a full day to really test this baby out. Plz pick me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Release Schedule

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has exciting implications.

I am so dead from poker lately that I would love to take a full day to really test this baby out. Plz pick me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Prodigy

Looking forward to your reviews of PT3 and HEM. I will almost definitely be purchasing whichever product gets your stamp of approval.

'boy
Old 11-29-2007, 10:16 AM

Josh,

Who do I need to bribe to get selected? Realtime HUD is making me want to kill someone from being screwed up.

Thanks,

TheMetetron
Old 11-29-2007, 11:13 AM

Just a warning that we're being delayed by some legal issues. Nothing out of the ordinary (things are taking longer than expected), and we shouldn't be too far off our current schedule when everything is said and done. The alpha likely won't start until the middle/end of next week.

As far as the alpha testing, begging is so unbecoming of you guys. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] We have a lot of interest in alpha testing, and we're not looking for a whole lot of testers. So odds are you won't be selected (this isn't being directed to anyone specifically, just an overall statement). Don't be too disappointed if you aren't selected. Initial alpha testing will only run for a couple weeks, depending on the bugs we find.

Because of the short alpha testing period, we will expect a lot from our alpha testers. Hours of daily testing and detailed reports, whether problems are encountered or not. Willingness to spend time on every little feature in the software and test what we need tested and so on.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to end this whole argument by saying we will have a system where you can be registered without PT3 connecting to the internet. HOWEVER, you will get two installs this way. After those two installs, you will need to purchase again.

An example. You buy PT3 and don't want it to connect to the registration server. You get your code (that's one). A month later, you format your computer and get another code (that's two). The next time you need to register, you will have to purchase another copy.

The reason for this is that we have no way of knowing that you didn't just install PT3 on two computers and are looking to install it on a third. The reg-server method lets us monitor this kind of thing. Therefore, the reg-server method means you can format your computer as many times as you wish on one purchase.

Therefore, people who are overly concerned about PT3 connecting to the internet get what they want, but at an added cost, due to the lack of security on our end.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this mean if you choose the reg-server method, PT3 will only allow you to run it when you're connected to the internet? Other than this small issue I'm perfectly happy with the reg-server method, but there might be a time my internet is down and I want to analyse some of my hands.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:24 AM

No, it will use a method similar to PA Hud, where it needs to connect on a regular basis, but not 100% of the time.