Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Shortcuts - new ahk script

For what it's worth, FTS launches fine on my 32-bit Vista system, also running as administrator (I launched it, went to a few different tabs, change a couple of settings, but did not actually play poker yet today). I'm using version 1.5.

Cheers, Carl.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in addition to my other problem i just posted.
I just checked my laptop (which I haven't touched in days, and when I tried to open FT shortcuts, the exact same thing happened... it's version .46 ?? what is going on?

ON my main computer, I tried reinstalling it, and AVG wouldn't even let me. kept getting the trojan thing also

So here's what I did, and I run AVG 7.5

1) I went to "resident shielf" section
2) Clicked excludes tab
3) added my FT shortcut folder to the excludes list
4) restarted computer
5) seems to be working normally

(well normally, but since I had to reinstall, all settings and registration info have been lost...)

has anyone else had this problem also ??

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't find the exclude tab you mentioned. I have resident shield and when I click on it and a box pops up but i have no idea where to exclude things.

I have the free edition if that makes a differnce. thx
Old 11-06-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went to open fts this morning and it says "windows cannot access the specified path, device or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the device." It was working fine yesterday and I didn't change anything. I run vista and run it as administrator. Also, my avg antivirus software said there was a "trojan horse opener" when I tried to open fts. What can we do to get fts working again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesterday, I emailed AVG about the false-positive alert from their software, but have not received a reply yet.

I'm not able to duplicate this since I don't own AVG, but orentha posted a solution that is working for him

[ QUOTE ]
So here's what I did, and I run AVG 7.5

1) I went to "resident shielf" section
2) Clicked excludes tab
3) added my FT shortcut folder to the excludes list
4) restarted computer
5) seems to be working normally

[/ QUOTE ]

nano
Old 11-06-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i can't find the exclude tab you mentioned. I have resident shield and when I click on it and a box pops up but i have no idea where to exclude things.

I have the free edition if that makes a differnce. thx

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here and also have the free edition. I assumed he must've been talking about the pay edition?
Old 11-06-2007, 04:22 PM

yea.
i have the pay edition.
and that feature must be disabled in the free version...
Old 11-06-2007, 05:22 PM

I use the free version.

I've closed AVG and I'm going to try reinstalling FTS and playing without AVG on for now, but unfortunately there appears to be a problem with the site.

"Firefox can't find the file at /poker/fts/FullTiltShortcuts155.exe."
Old 11-06-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FTS was working fine until this past week. Now it consistently takes up 15-50% of CPU usage according to task manager. The spikes occur whenever I am actually sitting and playing at one or more tables. I just downloaded the newest version of FTS and still have this problem. Any ideas about what is causing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did a check, and it does appear that FTS is using more cpu time that it used to. On my little 1GHz machine it is using about 20% cpu, and it used to be under 10%. I checked it with an older version of FTS, and it is about the same. I know Full Tilt did 2 updates on Friday, and I can't think of why that would cause an increase, but I will look into it. If anyone else has noticed any clues, please let me know.
nano

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that FTS uses 1-5% when I'm not active on a table for awhile, and then spikes to 30-50% instantly when I click fold or bet. I tried removing my table mod and using the original setup and it didn't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been looking at this tonight...
Try disabling the Auto reload feature, by setting the Auto-Reload Point to 0 (on the chips tab).
when I do this I get near 0 cpu percentages.
Do you get that on yours?
nano

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this fixed it completely. 0-5% cpu usage. Thanks for the quick help.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I added the code to allow for any table size (a few versions ago), the software now uses some additional cpu time to read the player's stack size. If the player has a lot of tables open (more than 6), the amount of cpu time used can be considerable. The code (that checks to see if an auto-reload of chips is necessary) continually checks the player's stack size on each open table. Currently it does this every .5 seconds. In the next release I will change this so that it checks each table less frequently, and consequently it will use less average cpu time. If you don't want to use the auto-reload feature, you can disable it on the Chips tab by setting the "Auto-Reload point" to 0.

nano
Old 11-06-2007, 06:27 PM

Yeah, I should add that I closed AVG and still couldn't open Full Tilt Shortcuts.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I should add that I closed AVG and still couldn't open Full Tilt Shortcuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems strange.

What happened when you tried to start FTS?

What happens if you locate FTS in windows explorer and run it from there (or if using vista... right click on it and run as adminstator)?

nanochip
Old 11-06-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems strange.

What happened when you tried to start FTS?

What happens if you locate FTS in windows explorer and run it from there (or if using vista... right click on it and run as adminstator)?

nanochip

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the following message when I tried to open it from my folder or through Windows Explorer:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

And fwiw, the icon on FTS is now a generic exe icon rather than your custom one.

And I'm on XP, not Vista.