Old 11-06-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt Shortcuts - new ahk script

[ QUOTE ]
Im getting the same thing now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-06-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Today, for the first time (been using FTS for months now), I am unable to launch FTS. I get the following error:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you running Vista?

I'm wondering if when you installed the new version of FTS last week, you might not have put it into the same location, and now the icon on your desktop does not point to the correct location.

You might try erasing all versions of FTS on your computer, and reinstall it into c:\Program Files\FullTiltShortcuts per the installation instructions on the doc webpage.

If you have an .ini file in the Settings folder, you might save that, so that you don't loose all of your settings and registration info.

That's the only thing I can think of at this point.
nano
Old 11-06-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FTS was working fine until this past week. Now it consistently takes up 15-50% of CPU usage according to task manager. The spikes occur whenever I am actually sitting and playing at one or more tables. I just downloaded the newest version of FTS and still have this problem. Any ideas about what is causing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did a check, and it does appear that FTS is using more cpu time that it used to. On my little 1GHz machine it is using about 20% cpu, and it used to be under 10%. I checked it with an older version of FTS, and it is about the same. I know Full Tilt did 2 updates on Friday, and I can't think of why that would cause an increase, but I will look into it. If anyone else has noticed any clues, please let me know.
nano

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that FTS uses 1-5% when I'm not active on a table for awhile, and then spikes to 30-50% instantly when I click fold or bet. I tried removing my table mod and using the original setup and it didn't help.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Are you running Vista?

I'm wondering if when you installed the new version of FTS last week, you might not have put it into the same location, and now the icon on your desktop does not point to the correct location.

You might try erasing all versions of FTS on your computer, and reinstall it into c:\Program Files\FullTiltShortcuts per the installation instructions on the doc webpage.

If you have an .ini file in the Settings folder, you might save that, so that you don't loose all of your settings and registration info.

That's the only thing I can think of at this point.
nano

[/ QUOTE ]

In my case, I just installed and bought the software a few days ago, so no old versions. (I have 1.55) I run XP and had no problems yesterday. Monday I try to open and get the same error messages as the others.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FTS was working fine until this past week. Now it consistently takes up 15-50% of CPU usage according to task manager. The spikes occur whenever I am actually sitting and playing at one or more tables. I just downloaded the newest version of FTS and still have this problem. Any ideas about what is causing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did a check, and it does appear that FTS is using more cpu time that it used to. On my little 1GHz machine it is using about 20% cpu, and it used to be under 10%. I checked it with an older version of FTS, and it is about the same. I know Full Tilt did 2 updates on Friday, and I can't think of why that would cause an increase, but I will look into it. If anyone else has noticed any clues, please let me know.
nano

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that FTS uses 1-5% when I'm not active on a table for awhile, and then spikes to 30-50% instantly when I click fold or bet. I tried removing my table mod and using the original setup and it didn't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been looking at this tonight...
Try disabling the Auto reload feature, by setting the Auto-Reload Point to 0 (on the chips tab).
when I do this I get near 0 cpu percentages.
Do you get that on yours?
nano
Old 11-06-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you running Vista?

[/ QUOTE ]
XP.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Tried that.

If anyone finds some sort of AVG workaround (Is there a way to tell AVG what's safe and what isn't? I know some programs have an "allow" button but AVG just seems to have "ignore" which doesn't help.), please let me know. I'm on a different computer right now but I'll try disabling AVG and making sure the error is AVG-related tomorrow. (I'm assuming it is.)
Old 11-06-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nano

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been looking at this tonight...
Try disabling the Auto reload feature, by setting the Auto-Reload Point to 0 (on the chips tab).
when I do this I get near 0 cpu percentages.
Do you get that on yours?
nano

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this fixed it completely. 0-5% cpu usage. Thanks for the quick help.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:01 PM

wierd
I was using FT Shortcuts just fine yesterday
I try to open it today, and get this message "the item Fulltiltshortcuts.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly"

So I manually go into the FT Shortcuts folder and try to open it, and when I do, it's version .46 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] ??

not sure how this could have happened, cause I didn't mess with anything at all on my computer
Old 11-06-2007, 12:24 PM

I went to open fts this morning and it says "windows cannot access the specified path, device or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the device." It was working fine yesterday and I didn't change anything. I run vista and run it as administrator. Also, my avg antivirus software said there was a "trojan horse opener" when I tried to open fts. What can we do to get fts working again?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:28 PM

in addition to my other problem i just posted.
I just checked my laptop (which I haven't touched in days, and when I tried to open FT shortcuts, the exact same thing happened... it's version .46 ?? what is going on?

ON my main computer, I tried reinstalling it, and AVG wouldn't even let me. kept getting the trojan thing also

So here's what I did, and I run AVG 7.5

1) I went to "resident shielf" section
2) Clicked excludes tab
3) added my FT shortcut folder to the excludes list
4) restarted computer
5) seems to be working normally

(well normally, but since I had to reinstall, all settings and registration info have been lost...)

has anyone else had this problem also ??