Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: the embarrassment phenomenon

So crazy there is a thread on this. I have never seen anyone else do it , and my girlfriend makes fun of me for doing it.

I watch most of my shows on the computer and fast forward through the parts that make me do this.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow and I thought I was the only one with this type of problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I used to think the same thing, there was a big thread in OOT awhile back about it tho, and I didnt feel weird anymore cuz it seems like a TON of people are the same way.

I like watching crappy shows like "made" on MTV and those are the worst for me, cuz its usually some fat guy or huge nerd in high school trying to be cool, and its sooo hard to watch. I literally have to force myself to not change the channel.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:50 PM

I have this too and even worse. This is the reason those bad horror movies are just unwatchable for me. I mean people do the most super retarded things every, theyr motor functions seems to malfunction and they get killed. I just cant watch it because of theyr stupidity. I start liking them a bit but the fact that they somehow cant beat the evil makes me want to jump in the screen and kick everyones ass.

Sometimes while watching one of those things i think it would be way cooler if arnold popped up somehwere and just put all these main characters and bad guys out of there fking misery.

I also have this in real life sometimes. Which is even worse, if someone I like is embarassing him/herself big time im also a little bit embarassed.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I used to think the same thing, there was a big thread in OOT awhile back about it tho, and I didnt feel weird anymore cuz it seems like a TON of people are the same way.

I like watching crappy shows like "made" on MTV and those are the worst for me, cuz its usually some fat guy or huge nerd in high school trying to be cool, and its sooo hard to watch. I literally have to force myself to not change the channel.

[/ QUOTE ]

alobar,

i can't believe there was another thread on this.
(i am terrible about searching anything on here)
surprising so many people suffer from it because it makes little sense still after all the explanations and what not.

funny i didn't think you would have this problem and i mean that as a real compliment. later. J.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:13 PM

If you identify with OP hand in your badge and gun, you are no longer a man.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you identify with OP hand in your badge and gun, you are no longer a man.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

so not true bro.

nice try though, nice try.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:59 PM

If its a fictional show (ie. seinfeld, curb ur enthusiam), where I know that they are actors, I don't get this feeling. For me, I cringe when someone is struggling in a morning show interview or something like that. Or a news cross that gets totally screwed and the interviewee is obv. uncomfortable with the situation...

So, yeh, gotta be real for me to experience the vicarious embarrassment phenomenon. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

alobar,

i can't believe there was another thread on this.
(i am terrible about searching anything on here)

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a thread on weird little quirks about yourself, IIRC. Then one person mentioned this and half of 2+2 jumped in and said OMG ME TOO.

I think Kurosh started the thread and said he likes to have a variety of toothpaste to keep things interesting.

Also, I think this is weird and doesn't happen to me at all, and was shocked at the Kurosh thread.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:21 AM

Not much to add, other than that I get this really badly also.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:47 AM

My ex girlfriend gave me the entire Curb package on DVD and I spent a good part of the time watching it pretending to have to do something in the kitchen.