Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: What yields you the most profit?

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't assume that your great success over 7 hours of "LAG" play is indicative of your longterm prospects for making regular income at $25 NL. That style is high variance, and may or may not be long-term profitable for you.

My guess is that this guy...

[ QUOTE ]
... very Tight player who told me I should try playing more tables tightly because he plays 12 tables of $25 and makes roughly $200/day for 5 hours of work.

[/ QUOTE ]

... just wants you on more of his tables so he can take your money. He probably perceives your LAG style + short-term success as long-term easy money for him if he puts you on his buddy list.

There is no question that you can make some regular money if you play well, especially if you include rake back deals. But I doubt "ultra LAG" or even "LAG" will be as long-term successful as a generally tighter approach at NL $25.
Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played a few thousand hands with the guy and he has lost considerable amounts to me in that time. So I'm sure he isn't looking to play more with me but I have a good read on him and he does of me so we pretty much steer clear of each other if at all possible, If he's playing a hand strong against me it's a given he has the goods he's playing too many tables to outplay me IMO.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
30,000 - 40,000 hands is a pretty wide range for someone that pays a lot of attention to their PT stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? I've only played a few thousand hands with the player I mentioned. Not looking to validate myself I do fine and have a good understanding of the game just looking for some good advice that will help me advance quicker for more profit.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:33 PM

run the gammet (*proper spelling anyone?) of the master stickys, that should help you out. Try the search engine as well. This question is just too broad.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:38 PM

What could we add to your game? You are winning 1 bi/hr. Most of us are shooting for 5-10% of that per table. Please post some hands and tell us more about your strategy.

Landlord,
I think the term you are looking for is gamut : an entire range or series
Old 10-31-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
run the gammet (*proper spelling anyone?) of the master stickys, that should help you out. Try the search engine as well. This question is just too broad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Question is actually not too broad just looking to see what other people play if they are not rolled for the higher stakes and what makes them the most profit.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:49 PM

hand-reading and valuebetting, table selection
Old 10-31-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What could we add to your game? You are winning 1 bi/hr. Most of us are shooting for 5-10% of that per table. Please post some hands and tell us more about your strategy.

Landlord,
I think the term you are looking for is gamut : an entire range or series

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually look to make 3.33/hr/table thats what I set out to do after 5 tabeling for a bit. I shoot for profit of between $30-50 dollars per day and average b/w 2-3.5 hours a day. As for my stratagy I play lag is all I can say I'm not going to dig through my handhistories to explain how I play but will say that I have no problem getting my big hands paid off and win a lot of small pots as well. Now every once in a while I might loose to set over set, large pair to my large pair or a misread for a descent pot but for the most part I play hands that if I get played with I know exactly where I'm at and can get away from trouble fairly easily. My main interest is finding out what others do for profit so maybe I can adapt my game to move up in stakes a lot quicker. It's hard for me to do when I cash out a $1000/ month for rent. I would like to be able to grow a roll as well as take care of my rent so I'm looking to make more to increase my stakes.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:23 PM

Since nearly everyone here plays a TAG strategy, I would like to see and hear how you play a LAG strategy, so I can mix my game up.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to dig through my handhistories to explain how I play

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably in the wrong place then. Thats what we do here. Seriously, the questions you ask are very broad. You are going to have to post hands in order for us to help you out.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What yields you the most profit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 7 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $72.60
Hero (UTG): $140.90
UTG+1: $38.05
MP: $70.50
CO: $73.15
BTN: $87.40
SB: $57.15

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $4, 2 folds, BB calls $3

Flop: ($12.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $69.15 and is All-In</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $59.15

Turn: ($150.80) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($150.80) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $150.80 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Jacks) and WON $147.80 (+$74.65 NET)
CO mucked K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and LOST (-$73.15 NET)