Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Live 20/40 Middle set, and lots of action...

[ QUOTE ]
unless the "casually" is a tell that you can say he's stronger and doesn't 3 bet his good hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

Casually meaning he didn't think about 3-betting pre-flop at all.

Garland
Old 11-19-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
unless the "casually" is a tell that you can say he's stronger and doesn't 3 bet his good hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

Casually meaning he didn't think about 3-betting pre-flop at all.

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd stick with my 11 bet theory.

raise again. if he raises. raise again. if he raises. call down.

this is a dream spot with a guy like this. make the most of it. if he has tens, he'll get a lot of money. his range though, given his previous actions and tendencies as you've described them doesn't appear to me to be narrowed in on top set just yet.

at 11 bets though, i' dhave to consider that he for some crazy reason just decided to call TT in the bb preflop and now went crazy with it.

Barron
Old 11-20-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd stick with my 11 bet theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your "11 bet theory" is arbitrary and doesn't make any logical sense.

The whole point here is that if the guy doesn't have TT, then he could easily have one of several draws, or even a super draw or combo draw. In some cases, even if he has 8 high, he might think he has the best of it on the flop with 2 cards to come. He might even be doing the right thing to go on endlessly even if he assigns some certain percentage chance of a set to your range.

But he might be getting frisky with a simple flush draw or straight draw, thinking he's doing the right thing, or the right table image thing. Who knows?

No one knows, and that's why it doesn't make a lot of sense to come up with a specific number of bets here.

But for sure, if he keeps it up on the turn when no draw comes in, then we know he can't think he's betting a draw for value any more.

On the flop, keep variance in mind. If you care, go a little lower, if not go a little higher.