Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2006, 10:51 AM

Default 2/4 QQ flops set

Pretty new to the table, but button seemed taggish so far.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
10 players

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
4 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="red">Button Caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (16.5SB, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="red">Button Caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (14.25BB, 3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, Hero ?
Old 03-16-2006, 11:06 AM

Default Re: 2/4 QQ flops set

Well you might be against KK-3 combinations and AA-6 that will beat you, and you are beating AK-12 combinations it is 12:9=1,33:1 in your favor and you still have 10 outs for a full house or 4 of a kind, so do not worry about flash draw MP2 might have, so I would call and see what the river will bring.

Is this a good thinking? :-)
Old 03-16-2006, 11:18 AM

Call and he turns over two pair
Old 03-16-2006, 11:25 AM

I think you need to slow down after his turn raise. Your flop c/r is scarry as hell but he is still coming at you. Unless you read him as a maniac, just call him down.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:47 AM

Odds of being behind to the Button are about 1 in 10, but Button's betting says maybe he's got KK or AA. Also, there is one "dead $" (flush draw? or a nightmare JT for the straight!) still hanging around. I view the ahead or behind question as about a coin flip against the Button. But I cannot ignore the presence of a quiet player in the middle of all that raising. I am OOP to both. Call down. Check blind. A 3 of spades on the river could make for a wild finish.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:34 PM

This was not my hand, but I posted it for a friend of mine who was thinking he should have found a way to fold since he was sure the guy had KK.

I was saying I'd probably have lost even more than he did on the hand (maybe even 3-betting the turn since I never believe I'm up against a better set), but wanted to see if anyone thought there could be a fold.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:13 PM

I'm not good enough to fold anywhere. I'd call downa after the turn raise.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:17 PM

It would be easier if you knew exactly how retarded he was. Call down.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:44 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
This was not my hand, but I posted it for a friend of mine who was thinking he should have found a way to fold since he was sure the guy had KK.

I was saying I'd probably have lost even more than he did on the hand (maybe even 3-betting the turn since I never believe I'm up against a better set), but wanted to see if anyone thought there could be a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

No there is no way to fold here because the pot is enormous. Folding anywhere without a perfect read on him is terrible.

I would also not have c/r'ed the flop but gone for a bet/3bet. There is a possibility he has JJ or TT and will let the flop get checked through. But if he doesn't have any of those hands he will most likely raise allowing us to 3-bet. And giving a free card on this 2 suited 2 connected board multiway in a giant pot is a disaster.

I don't think c/r is bad though, just less profitable than bet/3bet.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:52 PM

First off, lead out on the flop. It isn't likely that it will be two bets back to you like it ended up being and by leading out, you automatically get a chance to make it three bets if the button raises.

Secondly, the button might be making this turn play with KQ, AK or AA just as likely as KK and JT doesn't seem likely. He could also have 99 and just turned a smaller set. I think you should three bet him here and only back down if the button caps.