Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2006, 01:39 PM

Default Re: 3/6 KK - raised on the turn

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm not sold. I'm aware that we don't need to have the best hand 50+% of the time, but I need more than "the pot is big and they could have gutshots". How often is hero good and how often does he need to be good to bet, and what's his river plan if called again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know the exact math, but If I were to guess, judging by the pot size, the hero only needs to have the best hand on the turn 10-15% of the time to make betting better than checking. I think the hero will have the best hand here significanly more often than 15% of the time. Just my opinion.

River plan: Its hard to say since there are so many variables that are difficult to forcast. Sometimes based on the turn action the hero will have an easy river value bet, or an easy river check and fold, or an easy check and call fold to an overcall. On the river, the hero will just have to play poker and whatever reads he has accumulated will come in handy.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:10 PM

I think that this hand is a good example of how stats can be misleading. I've seen players with passive stats make all sorts of wild plays that make me scratch my head in bewilderment. In fact, it's not uncommon at all. With that, today is the first day that I'm going to play only 3 tables max of 6-max games, just because I don't feel that my reads are strong enough playing 4 tables.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:47 PM

You could balance a Pitcher of beer on that girl's !@#. Hot.