Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 07:34 PM

Default What is it about the auto-minraise that makes me want to call so fast?

Anyone else experience this sickness? Twice now I have called these raises with marginal hands instantly without thinking. It's like who the [censored] uses the raise any button in a no limit game? These guys are obv FoS! Oh but right, they never are >_<
Old 09-01-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: What is it about the auto-minraise that makes me want to call so fast?

I usually think one of the following four possibilities, depending on who it is:

a) uh oh, minraise... he's trying to induce a bluff, watch out, rats i can't value bet my TPTK now

b) oh so he thinks i'm going to be afraid of a little minraise defensive bet... what, he thinks that will stop me from vbetting my TPTK?

c) ewww am i being probed?

d) hes a donk lolz arrrr in
Old 09-01-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: What is it about the auto-minraise that makes me want to call so f

I've been playing a load of uber micro limits lately because I withdrew most of my roll. On almost every table there is some tool who minraises preflop every hand without fail, with the occasional 12x BB raise when he has a good hand or something. For some reason this tilts the [censored] out of me, it's like jesus christ just fold a hand now and again or something. Although it's pretty funny when someone takes a chunk of their stack and they quit playing like such a bellend, at least until they double up again at which point they're minraising the [censored] out of everything and betting 5x the pot on rag ass boards.

So exploitable but really it just makes me want to stab a small dog with a fork.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Re: What is it about the auto-minraise that makes me want to call so f

i also sometimes hear one of the cardrunner's guys monologues in my head, Taylor talking about the "unconventional player" minraising lol