Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 03:33 AM

Default LHE HU against Bots

okay, i suspect i play a lot of HU against bots. They are very predictable.
If i Raise on the Button(SB), they 90% of the time just call the BB(never fold).
Nearly every flop, they will instant donk bet out. Donk the Turn(75%), Donk river(50-65%) They do random 3Bet once in a while with junk etc. I need some advice on how to handle this kind of bots because i noticed i play these kind of bots a lot....
It plays around 70% of hands on Button, and raises just 25% of its hands. Loves to LimpRR with Ax etc alot and some random hands.thanks
Old 05-01-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Re: LHE HU against Bots

lol bot makers must suck tons. I don't have time to think up a perfect counter strategy ATM, but it would involve a lot of calling marginal stuff, raising for value, and folding when you have nothing. Basically play good poker.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:49 AM

yeah they're not very good but I don't have all the idiosyncrasies down yet.

I spell bad.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 AM

wow, that's a lot of donking. How do they respond to raises? I'd be looking for a spot where they fold too much and raise there--perhaps start with the river?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, that's a lot of donking. How do they respond to raises? I'd be looking for a spot where they fold too much and raise there--perhaps start with the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
they fold to river Raises alot, never fold to flop raises on some most boards (can get very agrr and 3bet with nothing on some board texture)is capable of folds on Turn, or check fold Turn . i believe my best shot is to Raise river, seldom checkraise flops, but on Turn can CR with lots of draws etc
Hard for me to get him to fold to Turn Raise bluffs.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah they're not very good but I don't have all the idiosyncrasies down yet.

I spell bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-01-2007, 06:33 PM

DitMeMay,

Yes, it's obvious the programmers don't know a lot about poker per se. The bots are running off more of a game theory approach. And, altough they appear fishy, these bots are not "easy" to beat. Also, if you're looking for patterns you're goona have a difficult time. On the flop, yes, they take the same lines but if you think you can "put them on a hand" you are mistaken (in other words its game theory). Like Leader implied, you pretty much just have to play off the value of your own hand.

If you've played HU on other sites and then go to this site for HU you'll be in for a shock. It's like an alternate universe.

If you're interested feel free to PM me. I've been "working on this" a bunch lately.

Edit: I'm not sure what your definition of "good" is but these bots win a ton.

___1___
Old 05-01-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DitMeMay,

Yes, it's obvious the programmers don't know a lot about poker per se. The bots are running off more of a game theory approach. And, altough they appear fishy, these bots are not "easy" to beat. Also, if you're looking for patterns you're goona have a difficult time. On the flop, yes, they take the same lines but if you think you can "put them on a hand" you are mistaken (in other words its game theory). Like Leader implied, you pretty much just have to play off the value of your own hand.

If you've played HU on other sites and then go to this site for HU you'll be in for a shock. It's like an alternate universe.

If you're interested feel free to PM me. I've been "working on this" a bunch lately.

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]
i never said these bots were bad, thats why i need advice on beating them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]i too feel like playing the value of my hands usually raising river etc. i believe i need to tighten on the button and play hands that has more Showdown value vs these bots since at least 65% of the time they will donk all the way to river.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DitMeMay,

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]
i never said these bots were bad, thats why i need advice on beating them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]i too feel like playing the value of my hands usually raising river etc. i believe i need to tighten on the button and play hands that has more Showdown value vs these bots since at least 65% of the time they will donk all the way to river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please just tell me (or PM) which site and limits this is?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:30 PM

and then post all of your research [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

bbbushu