Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Bellagio Advice?

Not sure where to post this, or even to ask the question, but here it goes ...

Sometimes here, but mostly in Medium Stakes Limit you guys talk about how certain standard lines mean soemthing unique in certain poker rooms. Put another way (and I'm making this one up because damn if I can remember any of them) at Commerce turn check raise on a dry board is always top pair and never two pair or a set. What I'm asking is ... any advice how the Medium Stakes Games play at Bellagio. Reads on any regulars? People to watch out for? If The Dude sits at my table should I just get up and leave?

Let me put this another way (because I'm doing a terrible job) any of you Vegas regulars care to share some insight/information/advice specific to Bellagio mid-stakes games?

I'll be there starting Friday. Appreciate your thoughts ...
Old 11-19-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Bellagio Advice?

Vegas is simple. The regulars are weak-tight but they have adjusted to the tougher games found now a days and get spastic at times. Vegas players don't semi-bluff the turn as often as Commerce mid-stakes guys might. Vegas regulars also love to cold call with AA/KK and raise the turn, keep an eye out for that. Know who is in it for the ego boost and who is there to make money. Luckily even the tags are often ego-oriented.

The tourists are easy to figure out. Just adjust accordingly.

[ QUOTE ]
If The Dude sits at my table should I just get up and leave?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let him know who you are. Beat the Dude the same as would beat any other 2+2 TAG, all players have weaknesses you can exploit.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:33 PM

I tend to play in AC $10-20 and below, and was fine in the Bellagio $8-16. But, you might want to watch the $15-30 before diving in on a weekend; heard it was wild. Good luck.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:14 PM

Thanks TT. Appreciate the response. Even without a well worded question you still managed to hit it. Yes, I was looking for some ideas on tendencies. Wish I had worded it better originally.

I've played in the 15/30 a few times and feel resonably comfortable. I'm not as strong a player as many on the boards and still relatively unsophisticated - so having an idea of these "tendencies" as you have outlined them helps.

Again, appreciate the insights. Care to add your additional thoughts about ego oriented players?