Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 10:40 PM

Default 25NL 200bb deep- Flop nuts, board Pairs

I think i should have raise more on flop to build pot, i go into calldown mode on turn because i don't want to play a big pot anymore... thoughts on all streets? i think villain was smart enough to know there was a likely straight and was pushing for value so i folded... thanks in advance.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $98.65
Hero (BB): $51.85
UTG: $18.00
BTN: $5.00

Reads: <font color="blue">villain is 26/11/2.9/265
hero is 27/22/3.2/101 at this table

haven't seen villain get out of line, make any huge bluffs. seems solid, if a little passive pf.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, BTN folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, UTG calls $2.50, SB calls $1.75

Turn: ($8.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00, UTG folds

River: ($16.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $52.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $68.25 ($0.75 Rake)
Old 09-29-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: 25NL 200bb deep- Flop nuts, board Pairs

Well played.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:24 PM

I think you played it well on all streets. I really donīt think you should lose any sleep over the river, seems like a pretty straightforward fold. I like your reason for not raising the turn, if you are not calling a push I think it is a pretty good idea not to raise.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:28 PM

As played fold the river altho its not an easy fold.

Raise the flop to at least 3.50 or 4. I raise his donk bet again on the turn...it'll make you're river decision a lot easier cos you're IP.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop to at least 3.50 or 4. I raise his donk bet again on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
I misread the board, yeah I like this line better.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:33 PM

i was thinking of raising turn, but my spidey sense went off. i knew if i raised the turn i would've been going broke (perhaps mistakenly), i sometimes don't have a fold button.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:37 PM

No reason to feel committed to the pot if you raise his donk bet on the turn again...but facing so much strength he would have to have the goods to make a retarded river bet like he did thus making your decision easier...as you played it its not that easy to fold cos you look really weak when in fact you're really strong
Old 09-29-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was thinking of raising turn, but my spidey sense went off. i knew if i raised the turn i would've been going broke (perhaps mistakenly), i sometimes don't have a fold button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with 200+ hands on Villain, it's hard to get into his head on a board like this one that comes up so infrequently. I mean, it's possible he has Jx and is making the ultra-popular turn donkbet on a board that just paired, with the ideas of maybe getting you to fold and also setting the price on his draw (or trying to set the price on his weak make hand like 8x if that's all he's got).

Also, of course, he could have put you on a possible straight when you raised the flop and could be looking to bet/3-bet the turn now that he boated up.

The river push is irritating to face because, for instance, Jx just got there and it's possible he's playing his own hand. Or it could be a frustration push from 9x. But your fold does look sensible to me. I mean, unless Villain realizes you're capable of folding JT or QJ, the main justification for his river push is that he has a boat and hopes that you either flopped or just made a straight.

Anyway, though, you have played over 200 hands with Villain, and sometimes you just have to go by feel, like you did on the turn and river.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:45 PM

true brandysb, i did underrep, but i think this player either knows he's pushing into a straight w/ a house, or has at least worse/same straight and thinks he'll get called by trips or overpair, which i think is very unlikely.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you can fold the turn if he pushes 200bb deep in a un-raised pot. You're showing great strength by raising both flop and turn 3-ways and I don't think a player like this pushes with only trips on a co-ordinated board. His bet seems like a blockingbet with JT or something and I think we need to extract.