Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: How Kenny Tran Rates Internet Players

David,
Have you told Kenny Tran that Raptor/durrr/etc will play him? By not accepting the challenge isn't he more or less disproving his whole argument.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
y must this thread come down to making an argument about the greatness of live/online players lol. it's fine to have a discussion about this subject over and over again as long as we remain open-minded about other ppl's opinion. i c some ppl are really quick to jump to "conclusions". kenny tran's opinion is obv. not bashing internet players, he used generalization because he is not impressed by some plays from the internet players. When online pros like jman, durrr, raptor.. etc start playing w/ him in a live hs game, they will prove themselves (regardless if his approval is important at all) and maybe will change tran's opinions towards internet players. and for the people who are just railing the games and not able to play at that level, y defend the internet pros group when u r not part of it? what do u ppl really know about them lol. i'm by no mean an expert in nl cash games, so i'll just keep an open mind and hope to be entertain by any good plays that are presented to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rest of this post above might be awesome, but i stopped reading at the bolded part.

Whoever wrote it, feel free to rewrite it using words that actually exist. In general you should do the same in future for all posts too.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:56 AM

cliff's notes:

internet players hear live players think they are better, they salivate and offer to play. live players likely deny. draw your own conclusions.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:02 AM

I think the old addage that the talent goes where the money is applies here. A world-class nl holdem player can make far more playing online than he could playing live. Assuming they aren't dumb (a pretty easy assumption), most of the current top 20 nlh players probably play primarily online.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We all saw on TV how the internet pros play on ESPN...and I feel exactly like watching paint dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, Hevad "Rain" Khan, have you been forgotten so soon?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ kenny tran saying people can't lay down a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ morans like you deducing from a sample of size of two or three TV hands that Kenny Tran is a station.

Kenny Tran is considered the best by those he plays against, and whilst he may not be correct in the comments David has cited him saying, you have no business passing any sort of judgement on him.

moran.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ kenny tran saying people can't lay down a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ morans like you deducing from a sample of size of two or three TV hands that Kenny Tran is a station.

Kenny Tran is considered the best by those he plays against, and whilst he may not be correct in the comments David has cited him saying, you have no business passing any sort of judgement on him.

moran.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moran - O Móráin. The Irish form of this name, means,'descendent of Mórán', translated,'The Great One'. This is the name of a respected branch of the Uí Fiachrach in the present counties of Mayo and Sligo. Apart from the Irish legend in Kenya the Masaai tribe also call the brave young masaai men Moran these are supposed to be liomn hearted men who protect the herds by fighting lions who are abundant in the African savannah
Old 11-19-2007, 01:26 AM

EWS,
What are you retarted?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Antonius doesn't say much either on HSP... yet no one complains about his quietness - instead, he's "classy".

Conversely, Jman is boring to watch? Seriously...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I mean nobody on TV has ever gotten better treatment for their looks. It doesn't make any sense at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sry, I forgot that women made up the majority of HSP's TV audience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone here has a mancrush on PA. If you don't, you're gay.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:39 AM

I would put some internet players over anyone in a full ring game in the world, but I think only one of the people I would put in the game has been mentioned.

I think guys like peachy keen, memerizeplz would be the best suited for a live 10 handed game.